Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco AP - for wireless VOIP phone - please advise (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t433372-cisco-ap-for-wireless-voip-phone-please-advise.html)

TexasMirty@gmail.com 12-15-2006 04:56 PM

Cisco AP - for wireless VOIP phone - please advise

I am interested in talking to administrators / engineers who have set
up the Cisco wireless IP phone 7920 in an office (not warehouse)
environment with Cisco APs to accomodate Level 2 roaming for that
phone.

Some questions:

1. What is the best hardware to use for the AP: Cisco 1242, 1131, 1230
or another model? Our environment is a large area with walls and
hallways that make signal strength a challenge. Also we need the
wireless network to accommodate both Voice and Data.

2. How is Level 2 roaming enabled and how well does it work? Do calls
drop as the phone changes association from one AP to another?

You can contact me at texasmirty at gmail dot com