Velocity Reviews

-   -   reddish color on some photos (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t432711-reddish-color-on-some-photos.html)

b13171@hotmail.com 02-13-2007 10:23 PM

reddish color on some photos

I am printing some photos from a recent trip. Editing them on Adobe
PhotoShop, as I always do.
I'm printing 4 to a sheet --2 top- and 2 at the bottom of the paper.
The 2 on the bottom are coming out with a reddish tinge.2 on top are
great. This just began this afternoon. Yesterday's photos were very
goo.
I recently installed a new color ink cartridge in the printer (HP
1115).
Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks Liz

Bob Williams 02-13-2007 11:39 PM

Re: reddish color on some photos

b13171@hotmail.com wrote:
> I am printing some photos from a recent trip. Editing them on Adobe
> PhotoShop, as I always do.
> I'm printing 4 to a sheet --2 top- and 2 at the bottom of the paper.
> The 2 on the bottom are coming out with a reddish tinge.2 on top are
> great. This just began this afternoon. Yesterday's photos were very
> goo.
> I recently installed a new color ink cartridge in the printer (HP
> 1115).
> Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks Liz

Your CYAN ink cartridge is the culprit. The nozzle must be partially
plugged. You start out getting enough cyan but toward the end of the job
the cyan ink flow is reduced. The degree of redness is a measure of how
little Cyan is being ejected.
If your printer has a nozzle cleaning utility, try that. It may take
more than one cleaning to get things right again.
Bob Williams.

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) 02-13-2007 11:48 PM

Re: reddish color on some photos

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:39:31 -0800, in rec.photo.digital Bob Williams
<mytbobnospam@cox.net> wrote:

>b13171@hotmail.com wrote:
>> I am printing some photos from a recent trip. Editing them on Adobe
>> PhotoShop, as I always do.
>> I'm printing 4 to a sheet --2 top- and 2 at the bottom of the paper.
>> The 2 on the bottom are coming out with a reddish tinge.2 on top are
>> great. This just began this afternoon. Yesterday's photos were very
>> goo.
>> I recently installed a new color ink cartridge in the printer (HP
>> 1115).
>> Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks Liz

>Your CYAN ink cartridge is the culprit. The nozzle must be partially
>plugged. You start out getting enough cyan but toward the end of the job
>the cyan ink flow is reduced. The degree of redness is a measure of how
>little Cyan is being ejected.

I respectfully disagree. Sounds more like the cartridge isn't vented
properly and as the page is printed a vacuum sets up in the cartridge as
ink is emptied from it.

So the question to the OP is does this now happen on every page? If you try
printing several pages of photos what happens? Does a second page have all
the color affected? If so, if you wait 15-30 min between pages what
happens? If it clears up after waiting that would point towards the venting
problem.
--
Ed Ruf (Usenet2@EdwardGRuf.com)