Velocity Reviews

-   -   Firmware upgrade for FZ50 ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t432677-firmware-upgrade-for-fz50.html)

mianileng@yahoo.com 02-12-2007 06:35 PM

Firmware upgrade for FZ50 ?

Has there been any reaction from Panasonic regarding the
online petition for a firmware upgrade for the FZ50 ?

Ed 02-12-2007 07:49 PM

Re: Firmware upgrade for FZ50 ?

As far as I know, Panasonic does not issue firmware updates for their point
and shoots.
ed

news:1171305354.801887.38220@s48g2000cws.googlegro ups.com...

mianileng@yahoo.com 02-12-2007 08:22 PM

On Feb 13, 12:49 am, "Ed" <ekirstein*nospammers*catskill.net> wrote:
> As far as I know, Panasonic does not issue firmware updates for their point
> and shoots.
> ed

Pity. The one thing that's stopped me from buying an FZ50 is
the over-zealous Venus III engine. I still consider myself
a beginner, but even I could immediately spot the effects of
heavy-handed noise reduction in some of the shots taken by
owners when the camera was released last year. I don't want
to have to shoot RAW all the time.

Little Juice Coupe 02-12-2007 10:47 PM

Re: Firmware upgrade for FZ50 ?

Panasonic released a firmware update only once. They charged for it. Several
people that bought it then turned around and gave it away. Panasonic since
then has never released another firmware update and I wouldn't hold my
breath now.

ljc