Velocity Reviews

-   -   Spyder2 calibration problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t432675-spyder2-calibration-problem.html)

frankpetermann@rogers.com 02-12-2007 03:26 PM

Spyder2 calibration problem

Recently aqcuired Spyder2 Suite colorimeter and software. Problem: the
colorimeter sits dead center of the LCD screen, exactly where the pop-
up window for the RGB sliders also sits. Can't calibrate as a result
inasmuch the sliders are obscured and the pop-up window messes with
the gizmo's readings.

Is there a way to move the pop-up window aside so I can access the RGB
controls for the monitor?

Any advice appreciated.

Derek Fountain 02-12-2007 04:27 PM

Re: Spyder2 calibration problem

frankpetermann@rogers.com wrote:
> Recently aqcuired Spyder2 Suite colorimeter and software. Problem: the
> colorimeter sits dead center of the LCD screen, exactly where the pop-
> up window for the RGB sliders also sits. Can't calibrate as a result
> inasmuch the sliders are obscured and the pop-up window messes with
> the gizmo's readings.

The workflow doesn't have any adjusters on screen when the Spyder is on
it. You get the adjustments done, then, and only then, do you put the
device in place. Just follow the prompts and don't put the device in
place until told to do so.

--
Derek Fountain on the web at http://www.derekfountain.org/

John McWilliams 02-12-2007 05:05 PM

Re: Spyder2 calibration problem

frankpetermann@rogers.com wrote:
> Recently aqcuired Spyder2 Suite colorimeter and software. Problem: the
> colorimeter sits dead center of the LCD screen, exactly where the pop-
> up window for the RGB sliders also sits. Can't calibrate as a result
> inasmuch the sliders are obscured and the pop-up window messes with
> the gizmo's readings.
>
> Is there a way to move the pop-up window aside so I can access the RGB
> controls for the monitor?
>
> Any advice appreciated.

First, aren't you supposed to adjust the sliders before attaching the
colorimeter? Second, if you can't get around that, I don't believe it
has to be dead center.

--
John McWilliams- who ought to be recalibrating his with same....

02-12-2007 05:15 PM

Re: Spyder2 calibration problem

frankpetermann> Recently aqcuired Spyder2 Suite colorimeter and software. Problem: the
frankpetermann> colorimeter sits dead center of the LCD screen, exactly where the pop-
frankpetermann> up window for the RGB sliders also sits. Can't calibrate as a result
frankpetermann> inasmuch the sliders are obscured and the pop-up window messes with
frankpetermann> the gizmo's readings.

frankpetermann> Is there a way to move the pop-up window aside so I can access the RGB
frankpetermann> controls for the monitor?

frankpetermann> Any advice appreciated.

I have the same issue, when trying to balance the color and
get the temperature correct. This is iterative, and during each
iteration I make my adjustments, put the colorimeter back, and
turn off the monitor's menu before telling Spyder to measure
again. This seems to work fine.

ah

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in rec.photo.digital...)

MarkČ 02-12-2007 07:51 PM

Re: Spyder2 calibration problem

frankpetermann@rogers.com wrote:
> Recently aqcuired Spyder2 Suite colorimeter and software. Problem: the
> colorimeter sits dead center of the LCD screen, exactly where the pop-
> up window for the RGB sliders also sits. Can't calibrate as a result
> inasmuch the sliders are obscured and the pop-up window messes with
> the gizmo's readings.
>
> Is there a way to move the pop-up window aside so I can access the RGB
> controls for the monitor?
>
> Any advice appreciated.

The device isn't taking readings while you adjust your on-screen sliders.
You can simply swing the spyder to the side, or remomove it while you
fiddle, then replace it when it takes its readings later in the workflow.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Toby 02-13-2007 03:17 AM

<frankpetermann@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:1171293984.497529.220640@j27g2000cwj.googlegr oups.com...
> Recently aqcuired Spyder2 Suite colorimeter and software. Problem: the
> colorimeter sits dead center of the LCD screen, exactly where the pop-
> up window for the RGB sliders also sits. Can't calibrate as a result
> inasmuch the sliders are obscured and the pop-up window messes with
> the gizmo's readings.
>
> Is there a way to move the pop-up window aside so I can access the RGB
> controls for the monitor?
>
> Any advice appreciated.

I have the earlier version, and all I do is to drag the window over to where
the monitor controls don't overlay it and attach the Spyder there. I would
be surprised if in the newer version the calibration window isn't draggable.

Toby