Velocity Reviews

-   -   Using 2 GB cards with Nikon D50 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t432630-using-2-gb-cards-with-nikon-d50.html)

joefoto 02-10-2007 04:07 PM

Using 2 GB cards with Nikon D50

Is anyone using 2 GB cards with a D50? The manual states a max of 1
GB. Nikon Tech Support says, effectively,"DUH?"--they haven't tested
so they can't comment. I'm wanting to use a SanDisk Ultra II 2 GB
card to improve speed and allow for more Raw images. Thanks for any
help. Joe

Adrian Boliston 02-10-2007 04:36 PM

Re: Using 2 GB cards with Nikon D50

"joefoto" <joefoto@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1171123641.205831.24220@h3g2000cwc.googlegrou ps.com...

> Is anyone using 2 GB cards with a D50? The manual states a max of 1
> GB. Nikon Tech Support says, effectively,"DUH?"--they haven't tested
> so they can't comment. I'm wanting to use a SanDisk Ultra II 2 GB
> card to improve speed and allow for more Raw images. Thanks for any
> help. Joe

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/compatible...ikon/Nikon_D50

This site certainly seems to think it's OK. I always thought 2GB was pretty
much the "standard" size these days, as you will not hold many pics on a 1GB
card.

cheers adrian www.boliston.co.uk

milou 02-10-2007 04:39 PM

On 10 Feb 2007 08:07:21 -0800, "joefoto" <joefoto@gmail.com> wrote:

>Is anyone using 2 GB cards with a D50? The manual states a max of 1
>GB. Nikon Tech Support says, effectively,"DUH?"--they haven't tested
>so they can't comment. I'm wanting to use a SanDisk Ultra II 2 GB
>card to improve speed and allow for more Raw images. Thanks for any
>help. Joe

You are allowed to check the compatibility on the SanDisk website

Doug Schwarz 02-10-2007 04:47 PM

Re: Using 2 GB cards with Nikon D50

In article <1171123641.205831.24220@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.c om>,
"joefoto" <joefoto@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is anyone using 2 GB cards with a D50? The manual states a max of 1
> GB. Nikon Tech Support says, effectively,"DUH?"--they haven't tested
> so they can't comment. I'm wanting to use a SanDisk Ultra II 2 GB
> card to improve speed and allow for more Raw images. Thanks for any
> help. Joe

I am using exactly that card with my D50 and it works fine.

--
Doug Schwarz
dmschwarz&ieee,org

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) 02-10-2007 05:13 PM

Re: Using 2 GB cards with Nikon D50

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...?cid=6007-7905
--
Ed Ruf (Usenet2@EdwardGRuf.com)

Rudy Benner 02-10-2007 06:17 PM

Re: Using 2 GB cards with Nikon D50

"joefoto" <joefoto@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1171123641.205831.24220@h3g2000cwc.googlegrou ps.com...
> Is anyone using 2 GB cards with a D50? The manual states a max of 1
> GB. Nikon Tech Support says, effectively,"DUH?"--they haven't tested
> so they can't comment. I'm wanting to use a SanDisk Ultra II 2 GB
> card to improve speed and allow for more Raw images. Thanks for any
> help. Joe

Just checked, yes, I do have a 2 gig card in mine. No problems.

nigelamond 02-10-2007 07:14 PM

"Rudy Benner" <total@crap.com> wrote in message

> "joefoto" <joefoto@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1171123641.205831.24220@h3g2000cwc.googlegrou ps.com...
>> Is anyone using 2 GB cards with a D50? The manual states a max of 1
>> GB. Nikon Tech Support says, effectively,"DUH?"--they haven't tested
>> so they can't comment. I'm wanting to use a SanDisk Ultra II 2 GB
>> card to improve speed and allow for more Raw images. Thanks for any
>> help. Joe
>>

> Just checked, yes, I do have a 2 gig card in mine. No problems.

Don't you worry that a malfunction in your card means the loss of a lot of
photos? I still use 512mb cards so that at least some of my photos survive.

Rudy Benner 02-10-2007 07:41 PM

"nigelamond" <nigelamond234@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Rudy Benner" <total@crap.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "joefoto" <joefoto@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1171123641.205831.24220@h3g2000cwc.googlegrou ps.com...
>>> Is anyone using 2 GB cards with a D50? The manual states a max of 1
>>> GB. Nikon Tech Support says, effectively,"DUH?"--they haven't tested
>>> so they can't comment. I'm wanting to use a SanDisk Ultra II 2 GB
>>> card to improve speed and allow for more Raw images. Thanks for any
>>> help. Joe
>>>

>> Just checked, yes, I do have a 2 gig card in mine. No problems.
>>

> Don't you worry that a malfunction in your card means the loss of a lot of
> photos? I still use 512mb cards so that at least some of my photos
> survive.

No.

banjo 02-10-2007 07:55 PM

http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/c...i=&p_topview=1

ray 02-10-2007 08:06 PM

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 16:39:52 +0000, milou wrote:

> On 10 Feb 2007 08:07:21 -0800, "joefoto" <joefoto@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Is anyone using 2 GB cards with a D50? The manual states a max of 1
>>GB. Nikon Tech Support says, effectively,"DUH?"--they haven't tested
>>so they can't comment. I'm wanting to use a SanDisk Ultra II 2 GB
>>card to improve speed and allow for more Raw images. Thanks for any
>>help. Joe

> You are allowed to check the compatibility on the SanDisk website

Pardon me for sticking my nose into something I know very little about,
but would there possibly be a firmware version issue to worry about?