Velocity Reviews

-   -   Amazing camera store (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t432562-amazing-camera-store.html)

lorisdsa@gmail.com 02-07-2007 02:56 AM

Amazing camera store

This website www.newdeals247.com has high quality items at low, low
prices. FREE shipping too. Cameras,SD cards, tripods and other
wonderful stuff. www.newdeals247.com

Paul Heslop 02-07-2007 08:13 AM

Re: Amazing camera store

lorisdsa@gmail.com wrote:

> This website www.spammer.com has high quality items at low, low
> prices. FREE shipping too. Cameras,SD cards, tripods and other
> wonderful stuff. www.spammer.com

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Roy G 02-07-2007 10:30 AM

Re: Amazing camera store

<lorisdsa@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1170816963.984889.279400@p10g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
> This website www.xxxxxxxxxxx has high quality items at low, low
> prices. FREE shipping too. Cameras,SD cards, tripods and other
> wonderful stuff.

BUT the owner is a Spammer, and therefore disreputable.

Roy G

dwight 02-07-2007 11:42 AM

Re: Amazing camera store

"Roy G" <roy.gibson1@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote in message

> <lorisdsa@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1170816963.984889.279400@p10g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
>> This website www.xxxxxxxxxxx has high quality items at low, low
>> prices. FREE shipping too. Cameras,SD cards, tripods and other
>> wonderful stuff.

> BUT the owner is a Spammer, and therefore disreputable.
>
> Roy G

Not spam. Posted to a public newsgroup AND on topic.

Spam is what I get in my inbox. Instant weight loss (I'm thin), cures for
baldness (full head of hair), Valentine's Day offers galore (hmmmm....), and
the constant harrassment over the size of my winkie.

dwight

Spam THis 02-07-2007 12:52 PM

Re: Amazing camera store

dwight wrote:
> "Roy G" <roy.gibson1@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote in message
>> <lorisdsa@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1170816963.984889.279400@p10g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
>>> This website www.xxxxxxxxxxx has high quality items at low, low
>>> prices. FREE shipping too. Cameras,SD cards, tripods and other
>>> wonderful stuff.

>> BUT the owner is a Spammer, and therefore disreputable.
>>
>> Roy G

> Not spam. Posted to a public newsgroup AND on topic.
>
> Spam is what I get in my inbox. Instant weight loss (I'm thin), cures for
> baldness (full head of hair), Valentine's Day offers galore (hmmmm....), and
> the constant harrassment over the size of my winkie.
>
> dwight

It's off-charter, commercial ad, therefore can be considered spam.

J. Clarke 02-07-2007 12:57 PM

Re: Amazing camera store

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 06:42:33 -0500, "dwight" <tfrog93@gEEmail.com>
wrote:

>"Roy G" <roy.gibson1@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote in message
>>
>> <lorisdsa@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1170816963.984889.279400@p10g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
>>> This website www.xxxxxxxxxxx has high quality items at low, low
>>> prices. FREE shipping too. Cameras,SD cards, tripods and other
>>> wonderful stuff.

>> BUT the owner is a Spammer, and therefore disreputable.
>>
>> Roy G

>Not spam. Posted to a public newsgroup AND on topic.
>
>Spam is what I get in my inbox. Instant weight loss (I'm thin), cures for
>baldness (full head of hair), Valentine's Day offers galore (hmmmm....), and
>the constant harrassment over the size of my winkie.

It's amazing the rationalizations that spammers and junk mailers come
up with to justify their crap.

Personally I'm getting to the point that I'm thinking that all
advertising in any form should be taxed and any that can't be
reasonably taxed should be banned outright.

They could pay off the national debt on AOL alone.

Paul Heslop 02-07-2007 04:01 PM

Re: Amazing camera store

dwight wrote:

> "Roy G" <roy.gibson1@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote in message
> >
> > <lorisdsa@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:1170816963.984889.279400@p10g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
> >> This website www.xxxxxxxxxxx has high quality items at low, low
> >> prices. FREE shipping too. Cameras,SD cards, tripods and other
> >> wonderful stuff.

> > BUT the owner is a Spammer, and therefore disreputable.
> >
> > Roy G

> Not spam. Posted to a public newsgroup AND on topic.
>
> Spam is what I get in my inbox. Instant weight loss (I'm thin), cures for
> baldness (full head of hair), Valentine's Day offers galore (hmmmm....), and
> the constant harrassment over the size of my winkie.
>
> dwight

it's spam

AZ Nomad 02-07-2007 05:15 PM

Re: Amazing camera store

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 16:01:52 GMT, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>dwight wrote:
>>
>> "Roy G" <roy.gibson1@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > <lorisdsa@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > news:1170816963.984889.279400@p10g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
>> >
>> > BUT the owner is a Spammer, and therefore disreputable.
>> >
>> > Roy G

>> Not spam. Posted to a public newsgroup AND on topic.
>>
>> Spam is what I get in my inbox. Instant weight loss (I'm thin), cures for
>> baldness (full head of hair), Valentine's Day offers galore (hmmmm....), and
>> the constant harrassment over the size of my winkie.
>>
>> dwight

>it's spam

agreed. any advertising in rec.photo.digital is in violation of its
charter. Pretending to be an average reader to say how great a company is when
you are the owner of the company and don't mention that little fun-fact is
borderline fraud, typical of a spammer.

Paul Heslop 02-07-2007 06:10 PM

Re: Amazing camera store

AZ Nomad wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 16:01:52 GMT, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >dwight wrote:
> >>
> >> "Roy G" <roy.gibson1@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote in message

> >> Not spam. Posted to a public newsgroup AND on topic.
> >>
> >> Spam is what I get in my inbox. Instant weight loss (I'm thin), cures for
> >> baldness (full head of hair), Valentine's Day offers galore (hmmmm....), and
> >> the constant harrassment over the size of my winkie.
> >>
> >> dwight

> >it's spam

> agreed. any advertising in rec.photo.digital is in violation of its
> charter. Pretending to be an average reader to say how great a company is when
> you are the owner of the company and don't mention that little fun-fact is
> borderline fraud, typical of a spammer.

and we seem to be seeing more of it

Ken Lucke 02-07-2007 06:25 PM

Re: Amazing camera store

In article <slrnesk2a5.4ic.aznomad.2@ip70-176-155-130.ph.ph.cox.net>,
AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@PremoveOBthisOX.COM> wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 16:01:52 GMT, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

> >dwight wrote:
> >>
> >> "Roy G" <roy.gibson1@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote in message

> >> Not spam. Posted to a public newsgroup AND on topic.
> >>
> >> Spam is what I get in my inbox. Instant weight loss (I'm thin), cures for
> >> baldness (full head of hair), Valentine's Day offers galore (hmmmm....),
> >> and
> >> the constant harrassment over the size of my winkie.
> >>
> >> dwight

> >it's spam

No, actually, despite opinions to the contrary, it isn't. Actually,
the definition of spam [on Usenet, as defined by the systems
administrators themselves] is "posting a substantively similar article
in excess of a Briedbart Index of 20 in a 45 day period."
[c.f. [<http://www.killfile.org/faqs/spam.html>,
<http://www.stopspam.org/faqs/thresholds.html>, et. al]

This is the clinical definition of spam, as defined by those system
administrators. Spam is not defined by whether it's advertising,
whether it's on topic, or who is posting it or why. The definition of
spam is absolutely content-neutral. An on-topic post, following all
newsgroup guidelines & charters, posted in excess of a BI of 20, would
still be spam.

Off-topic, charter violations, annoying, etc., are just that, but they
are not necessarily /spam/. Usenet spam is not just something you
don't like or doesn't belong somewhere, but rather a mathematically
definied principle based upon the number of times something is said,
not what is said or where.

> agreed. any advertising in rec.photo.digital is in violation of its
> charter.

It WAS in violation of the charter, annoying, and deceitful [The
standard "golly, look at this neat website I found" bullshit], but it
wasn't actually spam, because it wasn't posted enough times to reach
the BI threshold of 20 in a 45 day period.

> Pretending to be an average reader to say how great a company is when
> you are the owner of the company and don't mention that little fun-fact is
> borderline fraud, typical of a spammer.

All the above doesn't mean I don't agree with the distaste for the
article, just setting the record straight as to whether or not it was
actually spam. It wasn't.

Doesn't mean I don't agree that spammers don't lie - I do... "Know how
to tell when a spammer is lying?.... Their keyboard is clicking."

Doesn't mean I don't hate spammerrs with a passion - I do. I used to
spend a major portion of my days cleaning up after them on usenet.

Just clarifying with an actual definition that is accepted worldwide by
virtually every systems administrator - you know, the ones who actually
/own/ and /run/ the machines all this happens on. :^)

independence.
-- Charles A. Beard