Velocity Reviews

-   -   VB 6.0 vs VB.Net (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t43238-vb-6-0-vs-vb-net.html)

TKM 10-11-2003 12:01 AM

VB 6.0 vs VB.Net

Can someone please inform me what is the difference
between these two. I know MS is pushing towards .net but I
find VB 6.0 applications are still out there and may need
tuning, development etc for companies.

Which would you go for and why?

Thank you in advance

Kline Sphere 10-11-2003 10:12 AM

Re: VB 6.0 vs VB.Net

>Can someone please inform me what is the difference
>between these two.

Oh dear...

TKM` 10-11-2003 08:43 PM

Re: VB 6.0 vs VB.Net

OH DEAR.... What is that. I just wanted to know the
difference.

10-11-2003 11:01 PM

Re: VB 6.0 vs VB.Net

Do you know what .NET is? If so, then you would knoiw what is the difference
between Visual Basic and VB.NET.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/pro...s/default.aspx

Jaime 10-12-2003 04:58 AM

Re: VB 6.0 vs VB.Net

He said oh dear because there are so many differences he
would have to write a few hundred pages at least. Go
for .net, it's where all the technology is going.

Kline Sphere 10-12-2003 09:31 AM

Re: VB 6.0 vs VB.Net

>He said oh dear because there are so many differences he
>would have to write a few hundred pages at least.

I guess I should have said chalk & cheese!!

Jaime 10-12-2003 07:07 PM

Re: VB 6.0 vs VB.Net

lol

Jaime 10-13-2003 09:57 PM

Re: VB 6.0 vs VB.Net

Once again there are thousands of differences. It's like
asking what are the differences between dos and windows or
what is the difference between Basic and vb6.

Kline Sphere 10-14-2003 06:37 AM

Re: VB 6.0 vs VB.Net

>It's like
>asking what are the differences between dos and windows or
>what is the difference between Basic and vb6.

No difference they are all poor!!!

Jaime 10-14-2003 04:40 PM

Re: VB 6.0 vs VB.Net

I don't know I think Microsoft made a lot from them, lol