Velocity Reviews

-   -   how to prepare for MCSD.net (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t43183-how-to-prepare-for-mcsd-net.html)

vicky 10-04-2003 03:34 AM

how to prepare for MCSD.net

can any1 tell me how to prepare myseld for MCSD.NET
certification. what r the book for certification i want
to do it with vb.net track. and is it possible for me to
prepare it while staying at home. i've already done work
in vb.net and asp.net and sql server 2000.

Jaime 10-04-2003 05:32 AM

how to prepare for MCSD.net

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/m...equirementsdot
net.asp

Rich 10-05-2003 04:13 PM

how to prepare for MCSD.net

Vicki...

Just one opinion, of course, but I don't see why you
would not be able to learn what you need for MCSD at
home. The main thing is to have a good machine with
Visual Studio.net, IIS, and SQL Server 2000 installed on
it.

Most of what I've learned so far has been from reading
books and trying things out. To me, if I can't make it
work, then it probably means I don't understand it.

Maybe other have a different approach, but I wouldn't
even try without a decent platform to work on.

As far as specific books are concerned, there's a lot of
good suggestions on this board - and other places, too.
Different people have different preferences, but it
doesn't seem like there's any "silver bullets".

HTH,
Rich

sohal 10-09-2003 11:42 AM

how to prepare for MCSD.net

Hi,

Here's the list you may find useful.

1) MCSD for Microsoft .NET Certification Requirements

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/m...equirementsdot
net.asp

2) Sample Course Modules
http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/t...amples/develop
er.asp

3) New Exam Question Types and Testlet Exam Format
http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/m...olicies/innova
tions.asp

Downloadable stuff is the most important thing I suppose
as it gives you the clear idea as to how the exam is
really going to be.

Deacon 10-09-2003 07:56 PM

Re: how to prepare for MCSD.net

I purchased the Microsoft Press book for each test. I then read each
chapter and did each example (typed each one in and compiled it myself
to make sure I understood it, no copy and paste from the example CD).
This took alot of effort because I had to read about 100 pages each
day and do the examples. Over a month or two my brain began to hurt,
but I made it.. Passed all of the test using this rather old school
method...

Oh yea, and get practice exams, they help quite bit if your a bad test
taker like me.

Deacon

Kline Sphere 10-09-2003 08:13 PM

Re: how to prepare for MCSD.net

>Oh yea, and get practice exams, they help quite bit if your a bad test
>taker like me.

Given the format of these exams, I can't quite see how anyone could be
considered a 'bad test taken'. After all you are given the answers and
simply have to choose the right one from he list. It's not like you
have to write a 10,000 word dissertation in 5 hours.

procyk01 10-10-2003 01:32 PM

how to prepare for MCSD.net

Read a lot of programming books, try out everything,
including setups and installations, work on a variety of
projects, and stay away from test preparation books and
software. They give you a false sense of security or the
opposite, a feeling that you'll never pass. There's
nothing like knowing the material cold by experience. The
last time I used test prep books and test software was for
VB5. There was no comparison to the real test.
jp