Velocity Reviews

-   -   Happy New Year (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t431660-happy-new-year.html)

robertsoft75@gmail.com 12-30-2006 11:29 AM

Happy New Year

happy new year to you!
http://robertcalin.blogspot.com

Cynicor 12-30-2006 12:26 PM

Re: Happy New Year

robertsoft75@gmail.com wrote:
> happy new year to you!

I, for one, am deeply insulted that people are celebrating a holiday
initiated by a Roman polytheist who named himself a god.

Neil Ellwood 12-30-2006 05:27 PM

Re: Happy New Year

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 07:26:43 -0500, Cynicor wrote:

> robertsoft75@gmail.com wrote:
>> happy new year to you!

> I, for one, am deeply insulted that people are celebrating a holiday
> initiated by a Roman polytheist who named himself a god.

To be really insulted you would have to celebrate new year in March when
the Romans began their year.

--
Neil
Reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.

Cynicor 12-31-2006 12:05 PM

Re: Happy New Year

Neil Ellwood wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 07:26:43 -0500, Cynicor wrote:
>
>> robertsoft75@gmail.com wrote:
>>> happy new year to you!

>> I, for one, am deeply insulted that people are celebrating a holiday
>> initiated by a Roman polytheist who named himself a god.

> To be really insulted you would have to celebrate new year in March when
> the Romans began their year.

Look, it's bad enough that I go to Times Square and wait for them to
drop the ball at sundown every Rosh Hashanah. I don't have to be
reminded of OTHER people's New Year's as well!