Velocity Reviews

-   -   Gimp (was Which Software) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t431446-gimp-was-which-software.html)

Jerry 12-24-2006 12:05 AM

Gimp (was Which Software)

OK I tried Gimp. A little confusing at first, but after playing with it for
a couple of hours and reading some of the good tutorials, I find it easier
to work with than IrfanView.
However, after manipulating my first 35mm slide image and getting the color
and size improved, I found I could not save the new image. Got a message
that said the save action failed because of "unknown file type."
Any clues on how to fix this?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?= 12-24-2006 12:22 AM

Re: Gimp (was Which Software)

"Jerry" <jerry.holzer@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> OK I tried Gimp. A little confusing at first, but after playing with it for
> a couple of hours and reading some of the good tutorials, I find it easier
> to work with than IrfanView.
> However, after manipulating my first 35mm slide image and getting the color
> and size improved, I found I could not save the new image. Got a message
> that said the save action failed because of "unknown file type."
> Any clues on how to fix this?

You probably used the (default) option to choose file type based on
filename, and supplied a filename without a recognized suffix (.jpg
etc). The native lossless format of the Gimp is XCF (corresponding
to PSD in Photoshop).

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@inprovide.com