Velocity Reviews

-   -   minolta dimage scanner 5400 elite (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t430839-minolta-dimage-scanner-5400-elite.html)

anthony 11-27-2006 08:36 PM

minolta dimage scanner 5400 elite

Maybe someone here has encountered this same problem that I am having with
the Minolta Dimage Elite 5400 scanner. It's about 18 months old and I've
done about 7000 scans, most of them at resolution of about 1350 and with
ICE. This evening I had just carried out some scanning and left the computer
and scanner switched on while I went out. There was no film holder in the
scanner. I came back and noticed the on/off light blinking slowly as it
normally does. However, when I activate the scanner software I get the
ERROR 4 message about there being no connection to the scanner. If I switch
off the scanner then switch it back on it does not go through the usual
15-20 secs of whirring noise that it normally goes through, instead the
noise lasts about 1 sec and then the on'off light blinks continuosly.
Reistalling the software or using another computer makes no difference.
Is it knackered? :-(