Velocity Reviews

-   -   epson 3800 panorama limitation (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t430632-epson-3800-panorama-limitation.html)

pshaw@emmet.com 11-19-2006 06:28 AM

epson 3800 panorama limitation

the epson 3800 printer looked like a "must buy" until i discovered it
will only print a max of 37" for a panorama ...i'm sure its a
"firmware" limitation but annoys me ... perhaps if enough folks
contacted epson (800-463-7766) they might do a firmware upgrade ....

steve

Robert Feinman 11-20-2006 02:11 PM

Re: epson 3800 panorama limitation

In article <r6uvl2hvp0jlhqtm375ba6eac1ohta9726@4ax.com>, pshaw@emmet.com
says...
> the epson 3800 printer looked like a "must buy" until i discovered it
> will only print a max of 37" for a panorama ...i'm sure its a
> "firmware" limitation but annoys me ... perhaps if enough folks
> contacted epson (800-463-7766) they might do a firmware upgrade ....
>
> steve

In the past people have gotten around such limitations by
segmenting an image and then printing the parts one after the
other with no gap between them (paper saver mode). A search
through the archives may reveal details from prior discussions.
You can customize the paper size if needed to exactly match
the size of the print just to make sure there will be no space.

--
Robert D Feinman
http://robertdfeinman.com