Velocity Reviews

-   -   Removal of Date from Digital files (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t430516-removal-of-date-from-digital-files.html)

Mac Lynch 11-14-2006 06:07 AM

Removal of Date from Digital files

Kia Ora
Apart from Photoshop repair work, is there an easier method to remove the date
overprint from dated Pics? Thanks Mac

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) 11-14-2006 09:43 AM

Re: Removal of Date from Digital files

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 06:07:19 +0000 (UTC), in rec.photo.digital
macknife@ihug.co.nz (Mac Lynch) wrote:

>Kia Ora
>Apart from Photoshop repair work, is there an easier method to remove the date
>overprint from dated Pics? Thanks Mac

Sorry, no. The only easy way is not to have a camera imprint it into the
image itself from the start. The data/time is in the exif info so it's
there if you want it later. However once it's included as part of the image
itself there is no easy way to remove.
--
Ed Ruf (Usenet2@EdwardGRuf.com)

l v 11-14-2006 02:11 PM

Mac Lynch wrote:
> Kia Ora
> Apart from Photoshop repair work, is there an easier method to remove the date
> overprint from dated Pics? Thanks Mac

Perhaps there is enough room to crop? Many tools also offer this option
in batch mode.

--

Len

jab 11-14-2006 06:51 PM

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 06:07:19 +0000 (UTC), in rec.photo.digital
> macknife@ihug.co.nz (Mac Lynch) wrote:
>

>>Kia Ora
>>Apart from Photoshop repair work, is there an easier method to remove the date
>>overprint from dated Pics? Thanks Mac

> Sorry, no. The only easy way is not to have a camera imprint it into the
> image itself from the start. The data/time is in the exif info so it's
> there if you want it later. However once it's included as part of the image
> itself there is no easy way to remove.

Bummer

JAB

Bigma 11-16-2006 02:59 PM

"Mac Lynch" <macknife@ihug.co.nz> a écrit dans le message de news:
ejbmen$kho$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> Kia Ora
> Apart from Photoshop repair work, is there an easier method to remove the
> date
> overprint from dated Pics? Thanks Mac

Image Doctor from Alienskin Software does a marvelous job with 2 specific
functions:

Spot lifter
Smart fill

I would use one of those, depending on the complexity of the background or
surrounding area.
Yes, I would have to do this in several steps, in some cases. But when the
date is printed over regular texture (for example: grass), smart fill makes
an outstanding job.

mb

Stewy 11-16-2006 11:58 PM

Re: Removal of Date from Digital files

In article <ejbmen$kho$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>,
macknife@ihug.co.nz (Mac Lynch) wrote:

> Kia Ora
> Apart from Photoshop repair work, is there an easier method to remove the
> date
> overprint from dated Pics? Thanks Mac

Using the magic wand to make a selection of the date (uncheck
contiguous) and using this selection to copy from other parts of the
photo (or other photos) and simply paste and move it over the date -
arrow keys could be easier.

Bruce Lewis 11-17-2006 04:46 AM

l v <veatchla@yahoo.com> writes:

> Mac Lynch wrote:
> > Kia Ora
> > Apart from Photoshop repair work, is there an easier method to
> > remove the date overprint from dated Pics? Thanks Mac
> >

> Perhaps there is enough room to crop? Many tools also offer this
> option in batch mode.

Mac's suggestion is good. Since digital photos are 4:3, you often want
to crop anyway to fit 4x6 prints.

--

http://ourdoings.com/ Easily organize and disseminate news and
photos for your family or group.