Velocity Reviews

-   -   Memory Card (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t430414-memory-card.html)

John Mather 11-09-2006 10:50 PM

Memory Card

Which CF Card do Rebel XT users recommend?

Charles Schuler 11-09-2006 11:34 PM

Re: Memory Card

"John Mather" <jmather@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Which CF Card do Rebel XT users recommend?

Lexar, SanDisk, etc. are good. Shop around.

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) 11-10-2006 10:24 AM

Re: Memory Card

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...?cid=6007-7699
--
Ed Ruf (Usenet2@EdwardG.Ruf.com)

Skip 11-10-2006 01:23 PM

Re: Memory Card

We use Sandisk, and a few Lexars. Avoid Transcend, I bought two (they were
cheap) and both failed on the first usage.

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

=?iso-8859-1?B?bWlubmVz+HR0aQ==?= 11-10-2006 02:23 PM

Re: Memory Card

Skip wrote:
> We use Sandisk, and a few Lexars. Avoid Transcend, I bought two (they were
> cheap) and both failed on the first usage.

Did you buy "Transcend" on eBay ? How do you know that it was not a
low-quality fake ? Generally, Transcend is considered to be the forth
player after Toshiba, Pana and Sandisk. E.g. Agfa rebranded Transcend
as their own. They would not use the bad brand cards, would they ?

Thomas T. Veldhouse 11-10-2006 02:37 PM

Re: Memory Card

Charles Schuler <charleschuler@comcast.net> wrote:

> "John Mather" <jmather@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
>> Which CF Card do Rebel XT users recommend?

> Lexar, SanDisk, etc. are good. Shop around.

Any Lexar or Sandisk Extreme III (IV won't buy you anything in the camera, but
should download faster in the proper reader).

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Bill Crocker 11-10-2006 04:00 PM

Re: Memory Card

"John Mather" <jmather@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Which CF Card do Rebel XT users recommend?

Just about any CF card will work find in the Rebel XT. Speed becomes an
issue when you have a high-end digital camera capable of rapid successive
shots. The transfer speed of downloading the pictures is not as big of deal
as some make it out to be. Start your transfer, go get a cup of coffee,
come back your done!

There are some super deals out there, just buy from a reputable source.

Bill Crocker

Skip 11-10-2006 06:28 PM

Re: Memory Card

"minnesøtti" <minnes0tti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1163168617.453534.260650@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...

> Skip wrote:
>> We use Sandisk, and a few Lexars. Avoid Transcend, I bought two (they
>> were
>> cheap) and both failed on the first usage.

> Did you buy "Transcend" on eBay ? How do you know that it was not a
> low-quality fake ? Generally, Transcend is considered to be the forth
> player after Toshiba, Pana and Sandisk. E.g. Agfa rebranded Transcend
> as their own. They would not use the bad brand cards, would they ?

Nope. I bought them both, at the same time, from Fry's, a reputable large
box electronics retailer.
Since a large part of our family income depends on the images we get, I
can't trust them, and I'll never buy them again.

Shawn Hirn 11-12-2006 10:40 PM

Re: Memory Card

In article <chO4h.16951$cz.272324@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>,
"John Mather" <jmather@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

> Which CF Card do Rebel XT users recommend?

Whatever is on sale.

Olli 11-14-2006 10:39 AM

Re: Memory Card

John Mather wrote:
> Which CF Card do Rebel XT users recommend?

Sometimes I´ve read of differences in reliability of memory cards, but I
have always bought the cheapest ones and had no problems with them (unlike
with USB memory sticks). According to this opinion it was to be expected:
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/qna/8928.html

They advertise "fast" and "ultra fast" CF cards, which does not give
anything to me, as I dont use serial mode, where it could possibly be good.

Olli Orkoneva