Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can DXO Optics Pro V4 do the job with ISO info missing? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t430299-can-dxo-optics-pro-v4-do-the-job-with-iso-info-missing.html)

dansa94@yahoo.com 11-04-2006 08:28 PM

Can DXO Optics Pro V4 do the job with ISO info missing?

I noticed that the ISO info is missing on the EXIF data that the Nikon
D70 produces.
I also know that the DXO Optics Pro V4 takes the EXIF data for the
image proccessing.
Isn't this ISO info needed?

Colin_D 11-04-2006 11:23 PM

Re: Can DXO Optics Pro V4 do the job with ISO info missing?

dansa94@yahoo.com wrote:
> I noticed that the ISO info is missing on the EXIF data that the Nikon
> D70 produces.
> I also know that the DXO Optics Pro V4 takes the EXIF data for the
> image proccessing.
> Isn't this ISO info needed?

Yes it is, noise reduction is based on camera body information,
including ISO speed used for the shot.

DxO may be able to make some improvement, but without ISO exif data it
will be working 'blind'.

How come a D70 doesn't save ISO in exif data? Is that normal, or a menu
item perhaps? If it's normal for a D70, that would be enough for me to
junk the camera.

Colin D.

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) 11-05-2006 12:10 AM

On 4 Nov 2006 12:28:25 -0800, in rec.photo.digital dansa94@yahoo.com wrote:

>I noticed that the ISO info is missing on the EXIF data that the Nikon
>D70 produces.
>I also know that the DXO Optics Pro V4 takes the EXIF data for the
>image proccessing.
>Isn't this ISO info needed?

What program are you looking at the Iso info in? Not all get it right.
--
Ed Ruf (Usenet2@EdwardG.Ruf.com)

bmoag 11-05-2006 01:14 AM

Re: Can DXO Optics Pro V4 do the job with ISO info missing?

My D70 records the ISO in the EXIF data. You may not be interpreting what
you are looking at correctly.