Velocity Reviews

-   -   Fujifilm S7000 Zoom Problem ;o( (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t430272-fujifilm-s7000-zoom-problem-o.html)

@sh 11-03-2006 11:07 AM

Fujifilm S7000 Zoom Problem ;o(

My cameras been fine for years, and all of a sudden we take a picture but
the battery goes flat with the lense still extruded - so I replace the
batteries and try again but not, when turning the camera on the lense only
pops out 1cm or so and stops, the backlight turns off and the screen shows
non backlighted 'Fujifilm' logo. The camera is unusable because it seems to
simply crash!

When the lense is moving to the 1cm extrusion and stopping, there is no
clunk nor breaking sound, it sounds perfectly normal, but obviously its
not!!

I'm stumped as to what I can try, anyone any ideas as Fuji are quoting me a
standard repair cost of 119!!!

Appreciate your help!

Cheers, @sh

Dennis Pogson 11-03-2006 12:06 PM

Re: Fujifilm S7000 Zoom Problem ;o(

@sh wrote:
> My cameras been fine for years, and all of a sudden we take a picture
> but the battery goes flat with the lense still extruded - so I
> replace the batteries and try again but not, when turning the camera
> on the lense only pops out 1cm or so and stops, the backlight turns
> off and the screen shows non backlighted 'Fujifilm' logo. The camera
> is unusable because it seems to simply crash!
>
> When the lense is moving to the 1cm extrusion and stopping, there is
> no clunk nor breaking sound, it sounds perfectly normal, but
> obviously its not!!
>
> I'm stumped as to what I can try, anyone any ideas as Fuji are
> quoting me a standard repair cost of 119!!!
>
> Appreciate your help!
>
> Cheers, @sh

Sounds like a dust problem. The tolerances on these extending zooms are
pretty tight. A neighbour gave me his Coolpix to dispose of, as he too had
been advised that the cost of repair was not worth it. It took me all of 5
minutes with a camel-hair brush and some WD40 to get it working again. Now
he has 2 Coolpix's!

Dennis.

John Turco 11-04-2006 06:46 AM

"@sh" wrote:

> My cameras been fine for years, and all of a sudden we take a picture but
> the battery goes flat with the lense still extruded - so I replace the
> batteries and try again but not, when turning the camera on the lense only
> pops out 1cm or so and stops, the backlight turns off and the screen shows
> non backlighted 'Fujifilm' logo. The camera is unusable because it seems to
> simply crash!
>
> When the lense is moving to the 1cm extrusion and stopping, there is no
> clunk nor breaking sound, it sounds perfectly normal, but obviously its
> not!!
>
> I'm stumped as to what I can try, anyone any ideas as Fuji are quoting me a
> standard repair cost of 119!!!
>
> Appreciate your help!
>
> Cheers, @sh

Hello,

Although, you appear to be located in Britain, may I recomend the USA's
"DarnToothySam?" He not only sells/auctions secondhand digital cameras
(and their individual parts), he also fixes them, and his prices seem
somewhat reasonable. Here are his Web sites:

DarnToothySam.com
http://www.darntoothysam.com

DarnToothySam - eBay Store
http://stores.ebay.com/DarnToothySam