Velocity Reviews

-   -   Olympus Camedia C-5060 shutter speed problems? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t430246-olympus-camedia-c-5060-shutter-speed-problems.html)

cmacneil@egroup.ca 11-02-2006 08:19 AM

Olympus Camedia C-5060 shutter speed problems?

Hi -

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has an Olympus Camedia C-5060
and who has had a recent software upgrade.

We have such a camera which worked well, but ceased functioning over
the summer. It was sent to Olympus in Toronto for examination. To
this day we are not sure what the problem actually was, but they
upgraded the onboard software.

The response time for the shutter is now noticeably very slow.

Has anyone else had this experience? Did Olympus install the wrong
software? Or is there a manual setting that can be made to compensate
for the low response time.

Thanks,
Chris

Alfred Molon 11-02-2006 06:32 PM

Re: Olympus Camedia C-5060 shutter speed problems?

In article <1162455578.591539.270010@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups .com>,
cmacneil@egroup.ca says...
> Hi -
>
> I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has an Olympus Camedia C-5060
> and who has had a recent software upgrade.
>
> We have such a camera which worked well, but ceased functioning over
> the summer. It was sent to Olympus in Toronto for examination. To
> this day we are not sure what the problem actually was, but they
> upgraded the onboard software.
>
> The response time for the shutter is now noticeably very slow.
>
> Has anyone else had this experience? Did Olympus install the wrong
> software? Or is there a manual setting that can be made to compensate
> for the low response time.

If you get no replies, try asking here:

Alfred Molon