Velocity Reviews

-   -   A Word of Caution on MyPublisher.com (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t430093-a-word-of-caution-on-mypublisher-com.html)

cobbcity@snet.net 10-26-2006 01:47 PM

A Word of Caution on MyPublisher.com

Just wanted to share my expereince with MyPublisher as a word of
caution to others.

I recently ordered 3 copies of a book from them. I used their Bookmaker
software, made sure I built each page to their exact specs and
previewed each page in the software before submitting the order.

I received three books where four of the pages were cut off in some
way. Pages that their software said were safe would not be cropped.

I wrote MyPublisher as they have a 100% guarantee.

Their offer to solve the problem? I pay for these three books that are
useless and they will be happy to print a new set for 50% off! What an
offer? They get to keep my money from the first order for books they
screwed up and want me to pay for a second batch so they can pocket
some more.

INCREDIBLE!

I am still debating with their customer service department and expect
better, but wanted some to know what "100% guarantee" means to
MyPublisher.

Bill Crocker 10-26-2006 01:51 PM

Re: A Word of Caution on MyPublisher.com

<cobbcity@snet.net> wrote in message
news:1161870424.025565.249200@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...

> Just wanted to share my expereince with MyPublisher as a word of
> caution to others.
>
> I recently ordered 3 copies of a book from them. I used their Bookmaker
> software, made sure I built each page to their exact specs and
> previewed each page in the software before submitting the order.
>
> I received three books where four of the pages were cut off in some
> way. Pages that their software said were safe would not be cropped.
>
> I wrote MyPublisher as they have a 100% guarantee.
>
> Their offer to solve the problem? I pay for these three books that are
> useless and they will be happy to print a new set for 50% off! What an
> offer? They get to keep my money from the first order for books they
> screwed up and want me to pay for a second batch so they can pocket
> some more.
>
> INCREDIBLE!
>
> I am still debating with their customer service department and expect
> better, but wanted some to know what "100% guarantee" means to
> MyPublisher.

If you paid them using your charge card, call the card company and have them
back-charge the vendor.

Bill Crocker

Kinon O'Cann 10-26-2006 02:19 PM

Re: A Word of Caution on MyPublisher.com

<cobbcity@snet.net> wrote in message
news:1161870424.025565.249200@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...

> Just wanted to share my expereince with MyPublisher as a word of
> caution to others.
>
> I recently ordered 3 copies of a book from them. I used their Bookmaker
> software, made sure I built each page to their exact specs and
> previewed each page in the software before submitting the order.
>
> I received three books where four of the pages were cut off in some
> way. Pages that their software said were safe would not be cropped.
>
> I wrote MyPublisher as they have a 100% guarantee.
>
> Their offer to solve the problem? I pay for these three books that are
> useless and they will be happy to print a new set for 50% off! What an
> offer? They get to keep my money from the first order for books they
> screwed up and want me to pay for a second batch so they can pocket
> some more.
>
> INCREDIBLE!
>
> I am still debating with their customer service department and expect
> better, but wanted some to know what "100% guarantee" means to
> MyPublisher.

I tried them once, and they screwed up my book, as well. I got my cover pic
with someone else's Australian vacation inside. They told me that this
simply isn't possible, even though I was staring at the proof. I did
eventually get my book, but it took an act of congress to convince them they
screwed up. Yes, I had to mail the book to a person in customer service, who
then called me and tried to put the blame on me, saying I somehow messed up
the order. So I asked how I could have received a book with a bunch of
pictures I'd never seen before; someone else's pics? They eventually caved
in and reprinted my book. The service rep was amazingly stubborn in
admitting that they made a mistake, even though the irrefutable proof was
right there.

Never again. I'm giving Blurb a try this week. I'll let you all know if it's
any good.

cobbcity@snet.net 10-26-2006 03:53 PM

Re: A Word of Caution on MyPublisher.com

"The service rep was amazingly stubborn in
admitting that they made a mistake, even though the irrefutable proof
was
right there. "

EXACTLY!

I sent them the specs I used to create the pages (DPI, size, etc.) all
exactly as their web site says and they claim it is "customer-generated
error".

Apparently, ANY mistake MyPublisher.com makes is stamped
"customer-generated error" so they don't have to refund and I bet most
customers give up.

Sounds like their Customer Service deparment is trained to call
customers liers to avoid credits.

salgud 10-26-2006 05:16 PM

cobbcity@snet.net wrote:
> "The service rep was amazingly stubborn in
> admitting that they made a mistake, even though the irrefutable proof
> was
> right there. "
>

> EXACTLY!
>

> I sent them the specs I used to create the pages (DPI, size, etc.) all
> exactly as their web site says and they claim it is "customer-generated
> error".
>
> Apparently, ANY mistake MyPublisher.com makes is stamped
> "customer-generated error" so they don't have to refund and I bet most
> customers give up.
>
> Sounds like their Customer Service deparment is trained to call
> customers liers to avoid credits.

I suggest that each of you go to "ResellerRatings.com" and take a few
minutes to rate your experience. Others will benefit, and it might even
help change how this outfit does business.

Kinon O'Cann 10-26-2006 05:38 PM

"salgud" <davegb@safebrowse.com> wrote in message
news:1161883015.856878.297850@f16g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...

> cobbcity@snet.net wrote:
>> "The service rep was amazingly stubborn in
>> admitting that they made a mistake, even though the irrefutable proof
>> was
>> right there. "
>>

>> EXACTLY!
>>

>> I sent them the specs I used to create the pages (DPI, size, etc.) all
>> exactly as their web site says and they claim it is "customer-generated
>> error".
>>
>> Apparently, ANY mistake MyPublisher.com makes is stamped
>> "customer-generated error" so they don't have to refund and I bet most
>> customers give up.
>>
>> Sounds like their Customer Service deparment is trained to call
>> customers liers to avoid credits.

> I suggest that each of you go to "ResellerRatings.com" and take a few
> minutes to rate your experience. Others will benefit, and it might even
> help change how this outfit does business.

On my way now...

Good advice.

10-27-2006 03:34 PM

Re: A Word of Caution on MyPublisher.com

I've used them twice with excellent results.
Old Bob

cobbcity@snet.net 10-27-2006 07:49 PM

Re: A Word of Caution on MyPublisher.com

Gosh Bob, glad to hear it, but you seem to be alone.

I talked to about 10 people yesterday, all with problems with product
or customer service.

Now, they are making me PROVE the error was theirs before issuing any
credit. Can you believe it? What a horrible way to run a customer
service department!

No wonder so many competitors are popping up and thriving!

takingcareofcustomers 11-14-2006 05:28 PM

Re: A Word of Caution on MyPublisher.com

Hello Cobbcity,

I read your comments and understand why you would be frustrated. If you
will please resubmit your request for a full refund (please mention your
order number) we will provide you a full refund . MyPublisher's objective
is to make you happy, not leave you frustrated.

Please resubmit your request to customerservice@mypublisher.com and
mention this exchange.

On Oct 26 2006 8:47 AM, cobbcity wrote:

> Just wanted to share my expereince with MyPublisher as a word of
> caution to others.
>
> I recently ordered 3 copies of a book from them. I used their Bookmaker
> software, made sure I built each page to their exact specs and
> previewed each page in the software before submitting the order.
>
> I received three books where four of the pages were cut off in some
> way. Pages that their software said were safe would not be cropped.
>
> I wrote MyPublisher as they have a 100% guarantee.
>
> Their offer to solve the problem? I pay for these three books that are
> useless and they will be happy to print a new set for 50% off! What an
> offer? They get to keep my money from the first order for books they
> screwed up and want me to pay for a second batch so they can pocket
> some more.
>
> INCREDIBLE!
>
> I am still debating with their customer service department and expect
> better, but wanted some to know what "100% guarantee" means to
> MyPublisher.

Thank you

-----*

Drodbar 11-14-2006 06:17 PM

Re: A Word of Caution on MyPublisher.com

electronicbest@hotmail.com
electronicbest@hotmail.com