Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sony H1 flash too bright? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t430060-sony-h1-flash-too-bright.html)

louise 10-25-2006 04:09 AM

Sony H1 flash too bright?

I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?

TIA

Louise

Fishface 10-25-2006 04:43 AM

Re: Sony H1 flash too bright?

louise wrote:
> I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
> and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
> person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
> adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?

Not in the automatic mode. You can change the flash level to
+, normal, and - on the P setting.

louise 10-25-2006 05:15 AM

Re: Sony H1 flash too bright?

thanks - found it - makes a big difference

Louise

www.kevinkienlein.com 10-25-2006 08:05 AM

Re: Sony H1 flash too bright?

diffuse the flash... do a Google search for "a better bounce card" and use
that info too... kk

Dennis Pogson 10-25-2006 09:56 AM

Re: Sony H1 flash too bright?

louise wrote:
> I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
> and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
> person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
> adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?
>
> TIA
>
> Louise

Stick a white hankie over the flash. You may have to double it.

tomm42 10-25-2006 01:47 PM

Re: Sony H1 flash too bright?

On Oct 25, 5:56 am, "Dennis Pogson" <dennis_nospampog...@ntlworld.com>
wrote:
> louise wrote:
> > I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
> > and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
> > person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
> > adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?

> > TIA

> > LouiseStick a white hankie over the flash. You may have to double it.

Look how you are holding the camera, are you covering the flash sensor?

Tom

m Ransley 10-25-2006 02:07 PM

Re: Sony H1 flash too bright?

The H5 which should be the same as the H1 has 7 levels you can adjust
flash to, and Slow Syncro, On and Auto, with experimenting you should be
able to get it to work. I know sonys manuals are crap in their
explanations.