Velocity Reviews

-   -   I have opportunity to enter photo contest. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t429296-i-have-opportunity-to-enter-photo-contest.html)

Richard Bornstein 09-22-2006 01:38 AM

I have opportunity to enter photo contest.

Hi Everyone:

I have a chance to enter an amateur photo contest. It is just for fun, as
the top prize is for $8.00. I have a link to the ones I like the best.

BASIS OF JUDGING
50 Points - Quality of Photograph
(Focus, the angle of shot , lighting , etc.)

50 Points - Content of Photograph
(Representative of its category, eye appeal to the viewer, etc.)

There are numerous categories, and the pictures would be good for at least
one of the categories:

1. Wild animal, bird or butterfly
2. Historic (state location)
3. Candid camera shot taken at previous Fair
4. Humourous (with caption)
5. Action shot
6. Children at play
7. A before and after scene (Any subject)

The link is:

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/RickCanada/

Which photo(s) do you think I should submit? Some I have edited a bit, the
others are fresh from the camera. Thanks.

Neil Ellwood 09-22-2006 06:15 AM

Re: I have opportunity to enter photo contest.

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:38:57 -0400, Richard Bornstein wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> I have a chance to enter an amateur photo contest. It is just for fun, as
> the top prize is for $8.00. I have a link to the ones I like the best.
>
> BASIS OF JUDGING
> 50 Points - Quality of Photograph
> (Focus, the angle of shot , lighting , etc.)
>

> 50 Points - Content of Photograph
> (Representative of its category, eye appeal to the viewer, etc.)
>
> There are numerous categories, and the pictures would be good for at least
> one of the categories:
>
> 1. Wild animal, bird or butterfly
> 2. Historic (state location)
> 3. Candid camera shot taken at previous Fair
> 4. Humourous (with caption)
> 5. Action shot
> 6. Children at play
> 7. A before and after scene (Any subject)
>
> The link is:
>
> http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/RickCanada/
>
> Which photo(s) do you think I should submit? Some I have edited a bit, the
> others are fresh from the camera. Thanks.

The main point to consider is are you giving them all the reproduction
rights - if this doesn't matter to you then all well and good.

--
Neil
Delete l to reply