Velocity Reviews

-   -   Canon Powershot SD800 IS release date (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t429179-canon-powershot-sd800-is-release-date.html)

Coolbreeze 09-15-2006 08:44 PM

Canon Powershot SD800 IS release date

I'm in the market for a digital camera. My Initial choice is the canon
Powershot SD700 but I see on canon usa website that the SD800 IS will
be coming out next month on October. I'm dabating on whether or not I
should wait for the SD800 or get the SD700 now. Does anybody know when
the SD800 will be released for retail sale. and also how much will it
go for.?

bitwisebob 09-16-2006 12:30 AM

Re: Canon Powershot SD800 IS release date

On 15 Sep 2006 13:44:36 -0700, "Coolbreeze" <aclif@pacbell.net> wrote:

>I'm in the market for a digital camera. My Initial choice is the canon
>Powershot SD700 but I see on canon usa website that the SD800 IS will
>be coming out next month on October. I'm dabating on whether or not I
>should wait for the SD800 or get the SD700 now. Does anybody know when
>the SD800 will be released for retail sale. and also how much will it
>go for.?

wow, didn't the SD700 just come out this summer

---
Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
Eugene Oregon

Morton Linder 09-16-2006 01:46 AM

Coolbreeze wrote:
> I'm in the market for a digital camera. My Initial choice is the canon
> Powershot SD700 but I see on canon usa website that the SD800 IS will
> be coming out next month on October. I'm dabating on whether or not I
> should wait for the SD800 or get the SD700 now. Does anybody know when
> the SD800 will be released for retail sale. and also how much will it
> go for.?

Wow. It makes my 9 month old SD 550 seem like an antique. Seriously, the
specs look great on the SD800. However, one must evaluate the sharpness,
color purity, noise at various ISO levels, etc., before deciding what is
best. Specs alone are not meaningful. I've read reviews of good spec
cameras where the sharpnes was poor, and/or the digital nose was very
high. Don't be the first kid on the block to get a new model. Read some
reliable reviews first.
Good luck.

Morton

Joan 09-16-2006 05:56 AM

Re: Canon Powershot SD800 IS release date

There's an SD900 as well.

--
Joan

:

zokiii 09-16-2006 01:11 PM

Re: Canon Powershot SD800 IS release date

You can see those latest three new digital elph cameras here:
http://www.logicamera.com/digital-ca...gital-elph.php