Velocity Reviews

-   -   Powershot A610/620 Digital Memory Write Speed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t428091-powershot-a610-620-digital-memory-write-speed.html)

aaron.donahue@gmail.com 07-28-2006 11:20 PM

Powershot A610/620 Digital Memory Write Speed

Does anyone know what is the highest speed the Canon powershot
A610/A620 can write to a Secure Digital memory card?

ie, would a 150X SD card be better than a 60X card, or would I just be
wasting my money if the camera can't write at 150X?

Thanks!

Daniel Silevitch 07-28-2006 11:29 PM

Re: Powershot A610/620 Digital Memory Write Speed

On 28 Jul 2006 16:20:21 -0700, aaron.donahue@gmail.com <aaron.donahue@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know what is the highest speed the Canon powershot
> A610/A620 can write to a Secure Digital memory card?
>
> ie, would a 150X SD card be better than a 60X card, or would I just be
> wasting my money if the camera can't write at 150X?

According to http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona620/page5.asp , the
A620 writes at about 3 MB/sec. 1X==150 KB/sec, so the camera can make
full use of 20X cards; faster cards won't buy you additional speed on
the camera.

However, if you use a card reader to transfer images to your computer,
you might get faster downloads with faster cards.

-dms