Velocity Reviews

-   -   Last day preperations - Advice 70-306 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t42768-last-day-preperations-advice-70-306-a.html)

CyberVic 07-31-2003 03:46 PM

Last day preperations - Advice 70-306

OK I've been developing in VB since VB1.0 for DOS all the
way through now VS.NET. I've gone through a total of 7
books now including a VB6 prep book (because I had it and
it got me warmed up), VB.NET step by step, OOP with
VB.NET/C#.NET, Applied .NET framework with VB.NET, the
VB.NET Language Reference Manual, Que's Database
Programming with VB.NET, and the Developing Windows-Based
Application with VB.NET Self Pased Training Kit (2nd Ed).

I've gone through and developed a test application with
several very involved classes to practice everything in
the self paced training kit. The only thing I haven't
truely practiced or programmed on the job is the security
and some of the deployment methods.

I've scored and 89% on my certification prep test that
came with the self paced training kit book.

So... what else does anyone recommend that I should do to
help me prepare in my final 24 hours before taking my
test? I am taking the 70-306 on Friday at 1:30pm PST.

Dave Beauchemin [MVP] 07-31-2003 09:07 PM

Re: Last day preperations - Advice 70-306

Get some sleep, 70-306 isn't that hard, you seem to have done enough
studying for it... :)
--

Dave Beauchemin
Microsoft MVP, MCP

Dave Beauchemin [MVP] 07-31-2003 09:07 PM

Re: Last day preperations - Advice 70-306

But, if you can't get any sleep, see
http://www.codeclinic.com/70-316skills.htm, unless you've seen it already.

Tim Stephenson 08-01-2003 12:25 PM

Re: Last day preperations - Advice 70-306

Look at Deployment, and make sure you have an overview of how you'd go about
deploying the various different types of project. Also, re: security, try to
have a general understanding of the various methods available for securing
applications.

John S 08-03-2003 04:48 PM

Re: Last day preperations - Advice 70-306

The night before, take in as many bars as you can and get really ratassed.

Jack 08-06-2003 11:03 AM

Last day preperations - Advice 70-306

I don't know. Jack off a little ... lol