Velocity Reviews

-   -   MCSD Visual Studio 6.0 Discontinuing... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t42650-mcsd-visual-studio-6-0-discontinuing.html)

Steven B. 07-13-2003 02:19 PM

MCSD Visual Studio 6.0 Discontinuing...

Hi,

Does anybody know why the MCSD track in VS6 is
discontinuing? What is it going to be replaced with or am
i going to have to learn .NET and do that?

Thanks,
Steve

Pietkom 07-13-2003 04:00 PM

MCSD Visual Studio 6.0 Discontinuing...

Hey my brother this Guys in Washington want all of us to
move very fast to the .NET framework. so u better watch
out ok .NET is the solution not long fron now ok.

Pietkom
Lagos

Cindy Winegarden 07-13-2003 04:37 PM

Re: MCSD Visual Studio 6.0 Discontinuing...

Microsoft certifications are intended to cover current technology, not "out
of date" technology. Microsoft considers the Visual Studio 6 technology to
be out-of-date.

cindy.winegarden@mvps.org, www.cindywinegarden.com

Alan Davis 07-13-2003 05:41 PM

Re: MCSD Visual Studio 6.0 Discontinuing...

What Guy's from Washington are they.

Jamie 07-13-2003 10:28 PM

Re: MCSD Visual Studio 6.0 Discontinuing...

I'll just translate Cindy's post for all you non-Gates-ites

"MS need .Net to succeed and are trying to get as many people to move
over to it as possible!"

Reminds me of the "exciting" numbers they posted of uptake of
Passport. Taken with a pinch of salt when they force folks to get a
Passport so they can continue to use the MCP private site.

John S 07-14-2003 03:59 PM

Re: MCSD Visual Studio 6.0 Discontinuing...

lol!

news:ce580daa.0307131335.7709708f@posting.google.c om...