Velocity Reviews

-   -   OT: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t425846-ot-us-phone-numbers-that-play-recorded-music-or-information.html)

catcher 05-23-2006 12:37 AM

OT: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

I work in inside sales and my boss is a fiend about our "phone time" -
the amount of time our call monitoring software records us using the
phone. Doesn't matter how productive we are in terms of sales (I am
number one or two in a 10-person office every month), we have to
explain ourselves if our phone time doesn't meet his expectations.

A good part of my job involves email communication with clients. Of
course, if I'm typing an email message and paying attention, I can't
be on the phone.

So I'm looking for some US phone numbers that ring to recordings that
just play and play and play while I type. Not voice mail systems, or
spell-by-name directories, where I have to press keys to keep it
active. Just something where I can dial in, maybe punch one or two
keys, and have a recording playing endlessly. Soothing recorded music
would be ideal, but I can't be picky. I just want lots of phone
numbers that I can use to keep my boss off my back.

BTW, 704-359-4910 is one ideal example. Press 1 for English, 8 for
directions, and that thing will play for hours if you ask it. If only
it played music!

Any tips, please, I'd welcome.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 05-23-2006 01:39 AM

Re: OT: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

catcher <catcher@the.rye> wrote:

|>BTW, 704-359-4910 is one ideal example. Press 1 for English, 8 for
|>directions, and that thing will play for hours if you ask it. If only
|>it played music!

Charlottedouglas International Airport - in case your wondering...

--
http://interact10ways.com/usa/inform...nteractive.htm

Steve Wolfe 05-23-2006 09:06 AM

Re: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

> So I'm looking for some US phone numbers that ring to recordings that
> just play and play and play while I type.

Pick most any technology-related company, and call their technical support
line.

=)

steve

Whiskers 05-23-2006 11:37 AM

Re: OT: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

["Followup-To:" header set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk.]
On 2006-05-23, catcher <catcher@the.rye> wrote:

snip

> Newsgroups: alt.revenge,rec.photo.digital,24hoursupport.helpde sk

snip

Curious choice of newsgroups ...

> I work in inside sales and my boss is a fiend about our "phone time" -
> the amount of time our call monitoring software records us using the
> phone. Doesn't matter how productive we are in terms of sales (I am
> number one or two in a 10-person office every month), we have to
> explain ourselves if our phone time doesn't meet his expectations.
>
> A good part of my job involves email communication with clients. Of
> course, if I'm typing an email message and paying attention, I can't
> be on the phone.

snip

> Any tips, please, I'd welcome.

You seem to have a boss who doesn't actually know how his own business
works. I suggest that you start looking for a job that is less likely to
vanish at short notice, eg when the phone bill exceeds the income; or of
course, you could try to explain to your boss how it is that you are so
productive with this new-fangled internet and email stuff, and how it is
so much cheaper to use email than telephone. If he doesn't like the idea
of more income for less outgo, then you should start looking for a new job
urgently.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Helen 05-23-2006 08:51 PM

"catcher" <catcher@the.rye> wrote in message
>I work in inside sales and my boss is a fiend about our "phone time" -

I can think of absolutely no reason on earth that you would post this crap
to rec.photo.digital.
I mean, who gives a bugger about your job, your boss or your phone time?

Bubba 05-28-2006 05:55 PM

"Helen" <gormless@gormless.co.uk> wrote in message

> "catcher" <catcher@the.rye> wrote in message
>>I work in inside sales and my boss is a fiend about our "phone time" -

> I can think of absolutely no reason on earth that you would post this crap
> to rec.photo.digital.
> I mean, who gives a bugger about your job, your boss or your phone time?

I can see no reason why you would post this crap here either. Without
posting a picture of your tits, your complaint will not even be considered.

John Evan 05-28-2006 06:19 PM

Bubba wrote:
>... tits....

Hello?

Du Haxen Hase 05-28-2006 06:58 PM

Re: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

In article <nQleg.824$T%1.15@fe10.lga>, John Evan says...

> Bubba wrote:
> >... tits....

> Hello?

Good-bye??

--

"I never knew there were corners in time
until I was told to go stand in one"

John Evan 05-28-2006 07:22 PM

Du Haxen Hase wrote:
> In article <nQleg.824$T%1.15@fe10.lga>, John Evan says...
>

>>Bubba wrote:
>>
>>>... tits....

>> Hello?

> Good-bye??

Hey! When mammalian protuberances are mentioned, my ears perk up!

Well, except if they look like fried eggs on a nail, like Mmmary's.

( I was a "Tracker" for the CoT at one time, so I remember what hooters
are!)

Du Haxen Hase 05-28-2006 07:32 PM

Re: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

In article <eLmeg.830$T%1.272@fe10.lga>, John Evan says...

> Du Haxen Hase wrote:

> >> Hello?

> > Good-bye??

> Hey! When mammalian protuberances are mentioned, my ears perk up!

My meower instincts - any excuse to start a cascade

> Well, except if they look like fried eggs on a nail, like Mmmary's.

Aha - I missed the 'tell' in the headers previously

> ( I was a "Tracker" for the CoT at one time, so I remember what hooters
> are!)

Yes you were. And I was the next in that fabled lineage. V5.0