Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: MCSD Visual Studio 6.0 Track to be discontinued June 30 2004 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t42569-re-mcsd-visual-studio-6-0-track-to-be-discontinued-june-30-2004-a.html)

Steven Ross 06-30-2003 04:20 PM

Re: MCSD Visual Studio 6.0 Track to be discontinued June 30 2004

My question is what about the MCSD VS 6 track? I no longer see this option
on their website? Even if we complete the tests, will we achieve MCSD
status? Or, are we forced to go .NET for that?

TIA,
--
Steven Ross
Applications Developer Lead

"Jake" <j.ignatius@biscit.biz> wrote in message
> I just checked the Microsoft site and discovered that the VS 6.0 track

will
> be discontinued exactly one year from today. I am still preparing for the
> VC++ desktop exam which I plan to sit within the next two months. Am I
> right in thinking the certification will not expire although the exam

will?

Maria 07-01-2003 07:51 PM

Re: MCSD Visual Studio 6.0 Track to be discontinued June 30 2004

MCSD on VS6 is still on the MS website, but you have to go
look for it. Select 'Search for an exam' on this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/default.asp
You will find that MCSD on VS6 is still available.

Cindy Winegarden 07-03-2003 11:28 PM

Re: MCSD Visual Studio 6.0 Track to be discontinued June 30 2004

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/m...quirements.asp.

You can achieve MCSD status using the VS6 exams until June 30, 2004 when the
exams are retired. After that you will not lose your certifications but no
new certifications will be awarded based on those exams.

cindy.winegarden@mvps.org, www.cindywinegarden.com