Velocity Reviews

-   -   Canon ixus wired shutter remote? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t425618-canon-ixus-wired-shutter-remote.html)

George Styles 05-11-2006 01:13 PM

Canon ixus wired shutter remote?

Hi,

Can you get a wired remote control for Canon Ixus cameras (the 750)? im
guessing you cant, because I cannot see where it would connect,. but am
asking anyway

What I am after is a wire with a button on the end, that presses the 'shoot'
button for me.

thanks

Walter Banks 05-11-2006 01:55 PM

Re: Canon ixus wired shutter remote ?

All of the Canon digital camera I have seen can do remote shooting through
a USB connection. (It would be nice if there was a way that a remote could
be used developed that used the USB port )

w..

George Styles 05-12-2006 10:18 AM

"Walter Banks" <walter@bytecraft.com> wrote in message
> All of the Canon digital camera I have seen can do remote shooting through
> a USB connection. (It would be nice if there was a way that a remote could
> be used developed that used the USB port )

I should be so lucky. It seems Canon has removed remote capture from their
latest line of Ixus's :(

DHB 05-12-2006 03:39 PM

Re: Canon ixus wired shutter remote ?

On Fri, 12 May 2006 10:18:21 GMT, "George Styles"
<usenet@ripnet.co.uk> wrote:

>"Walter Banks" <walter@bytecraft.com> wrote in message
>> All of the Canon digital camera I have seen can do remote shooting through
>> a USB connection. (It would be nice if there was a way that a remote could
>> be used developed that used the USB port )
>>

>I should be so lucky. It seems Canon has removed remote capture from their
>latest line of Ixus's :(

Also for reason's unknown their A610 also does NOT have it but
it's higher MP twin, the A620 DOES!

Maybe it was a way to motivate some toward the more expensive
A620 over the A610?

Yes it certainly would be nice to have a tiny wired device
that could plug into the USB port & be used to trip the shutter
remotely, programmed time-lapse might also be added that way without
use of a PC or notebook.

Respectfully, DHB

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918