Velocity Reviews

-   -   How do people build large wireless networks? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t4255-how-do-people-build-large-wireless-networks.html)

SA Dev 08-24-2004 08:32 PM

How do people build large wireless networks?

Hi,

I have a small familiarity with wireless networks, but I don't know how
people implement larger wireless networks. I've seen special antennas that
are supposed to increase distance, repeaters that are supposed to increase
distance, etc. Are there any webpages that cover larger wireless
installations? How would you design a wireless network to cover a 500' x
500' area for example?

Thanks,

SA Dev

SA Dev 08-25-2004 02:30 PM

Re: How do people build large wireless networks?

Hi BAR,

Thanks for all the info. I am most interested in the topology of a larger
wireless network. Do you have any webpage links for how to set these up?

Thanks,

SA Dev