Velocity Reviews

-   -   Camera cost: EBay versus BB, Circuit City. Difference for real!? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t425032-camera-cost-ebay-versus-bb-circuit-city-difference-for-real.html)

Drifter 04-30-2006 04:58 PM

Camera cost: EBay versus BB, Circuit City. Difference for real!?

We are considering buying a Sony Digital Camcorder (DVD405). Locally,
at retail the camcorder costs $845 on sale, no tax. I am seeing kits
that include the same camera plus disks, zooms, wides, filters,
carrying case, tri pod for about $850 delivered.

The vendors have good feedback. I read the listings looking for loop
holes and can't find any. On popular items I have seen mail order
besting B&M buy a few dollars. But these prices seem too good to be
true. Are CC and BB really marking their cameras up THAT much? Or
are there grey market items floating around or other tricks that help
vendors get these low prices??