Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco 1841 - Voice (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t42503-cisco-1841-voice.html)

Goggen 01-12-2006 05:27 PM

Cisco 1841 - Voice

Q: it says that the Cisco 1841 does not support voice and that it only
supports Voice-over-IP (VoIP) pass-through.
If I understand correctly, this means that it does not support modules for
voice, and if I want to use VoIP I have to have other equipment on the LAN
side of the 1841. To give priority to VoIP traffic, I will have to
configure QoS.
To have have voice support integrated in the router, I will have to use at
least 2800 series router.
Is this understanding correct?

SandStrand

jw 01-27-2006 01:34 AM

Re: Cisco 1841 - Voice

Yes, the 1841 will certainly route traffic to from your ip call processing.
But it will NOT act as a pstn gateway or run any voice services, ie
srst or cme. 2811 at least, and beware of dsp needs.
Cheers
Jason

kimi 01-29-2006 10:45 AM

Re: Cisco 1841 - Voice

Voip Learning and Translating Tutorial
Voice Over IP is a new communication means that let you telephone with
Internet at almost null cost.
How this is possible, what systems are used, what is the standard, all
that is covered by this Howto.

http://www.freewebs.com/voipformula/VoIP-HOWTO.html

zaki.cisco 02-24-2011 07:42 PM

Question

Does this mean that 1841 cant act as a voip gateway like an MGCP gateway
and does it support DSP?