Velocity Reviews

-   -   D-200 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t424912-d-200-a.html)

Faz 04-25-2006 10:19 PM

D-200

If they don't start to ship some of these models soon people are going to
buy CANON..........any comments?????

John Fryatt 04-25-2006 10:50 PM

Re: D-200

Faz wrote:
> If they don't start to ship some of these models soon people are going to
> buy CANON..........any comments?????

Yes... BORING!!!

Unclaimed Mysteries 04-25-2006 10:55 PM

Re: D-200

Faz wrote:

> If they don't start to ship some of these models soon people are going to
> buy CANON..........any comments?????

The Tazo Chai at Starbucks is surprisingly refreshing.

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

Bill 04-25-2006 11:44 PM

Re: D-200

Faz wrote:

>If they don't start to ship some of these models soon people are going to
>buy CANON..........any comments?????

Yes, Stargate Atlantis kinda sucks.

But speaking of cameras...Nikon D-200 bodies are in stock at the two
stores in my area.

Don Wiss 04-26-2006 02:52 AM

Re: D-200

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:19:51 GMT, Faz <chuckfaz@shawdelete.ca> wrote:

>If they don't start to ship some of these models soon people are going to
>buy CANON..........any comments?????

I use my D-200 almost every day. Usually with the 18-200 VR lens. You don't
have yours yet?

Maybe Nikon is discriminating against Canadians?

David Dyer-Bennet 04-26-2006 04:16 AM

Re: D-200

"Faz" <chuckfaz@shawdelete.ca> writes:

> If they don't start to ship some of these models soon people are going to
> buy CANON..........any comments?????

They do seem to have some kind of production or distribution problem.
I was able to find one at Best Buy locally (actually at least 4) when
I couldn't find one at any local camera store or either of the big
online stores I trust.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:dd-b@dd-b.net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>

Kinon O'Cann 04-26-2006 04:49 PM

Re: D-200

Comments? Yes, I'd probably buy the 30D anyway. I like the image quality
better than the D200.

Tony 04-26-2006 10:31 PM

Re: D-200

I got so fed up waiting for it I went to Canon in 1992. I guess that was
the best move I ever made since Nikon still doesn't seem to have their act
together on the D200 after 14 years!

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

Don Wiss 04-27-2006 01:44 AM

Re: D-200

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:31:52 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> I got so fed up waiting for it I went to Canon in 1992. I guess that was
>the best move I ever made since Nikon still doesn't seem to have their act
>together on the D200 after 14 years!

Not that they don't have their act together, but that the initial demand
for the D200 is much, much greater than it is for the Canon. So hard to
ramp up a production line for an initial spurt, which won't last after the
initial demand has been filled. Face it. Nikon has a much better name when
it comes to high end cameras, and it sells far more. Maybe not as good a
camera, but they command more attention.

Bill 04-27-2006 02:04 AM

Re: D-200

Tony wrote:

> I got so fed up waiting for it I went to Canon in 1992. I guess that was
>the best move I ever made since Nikon still doesn't seem to have their act
>together on the D200 after 14 years!

Sheesh...I hope this isn't troll bait.

there are many things about Nikon I like a lot better than Canon, even
though I shoot with Canon gear. My friend has a D70s which I've used on
several occasions, and I like how it works.

I like Nikon gear enough to say that I recommend newbies get the Nikon
D50 or D70s with the 18-70mm kit lense over the Canon XT or 20D with
18-55mm.

And something I've learned is that Nikon cameras are generally faster
and easier to adjust their settings when shooting. But they take a bit
longer to learn where all the switches are and how to use them.

Both Canon and Nikon have their quirks, but that's far from saying that
Nikon doesn't have their act together.