Velocity Reviews

-   -   (April, 10th) Picture of the Week (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t424128-april-10th-picture-of-the-week.html)

Daniel Rocha 04-13-2006 09:44 AM

(April, 10th) Picture of the Week

Hello,

I would like to show you the picture of the week.

A romantic picture taken on a welknown bridge in Paris
and in b&w.

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine//

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

--
<> Daniel Rocha | Photographie <>
http://www.monochromatique.com

Bill Funk 04-13-2006 05:19 PM

Re: (April, 10th) Picture of the Week

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:44:33 +0200, "Daniel Rocha"
<drocha@magic.fr.invalid> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to show you the picture of the week.
>
>A romantic picture taken on a welknown bridge in Paris
>and in b&w.
>
>http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine//
>
>Thanks for your attention.
>
>Regards,

I can't help myself ...
The composition sucks, IMO.
The couple are dead center horizontally, not an interesting
composition.
The light pole is a big distraction.
The sky is dull, with no contrast with the clouds; it just sits there
like a pillow, sucking up space and looking like it could provide
support, but doesn't.
I suggest a polarizer, and some better cropping. Maybe just replace
the sky with something that adds interest instead of dead space.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"