Velocity Reviews

-   -   A grant, a grant, my Pentax for a grant..... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t423959-a-grant-a-grant-my-pentax-for-a-grant.html)

Pentax Fan 04-08-2006 12:58 AM

A grant, a grant, my Pentax for a grant.....

According to the Pentax forum on DP Review (from which I've, once again,
been banned by Uncle Phil) Pentax have sold about 250,000 dslr's since the
introduction of the *istD

Which compares rather meagrely with Canon's 125,000 units per month.

However, there are advantages in a low volume system - not least from the UK
Arts Council, an eclectic body of homosexuals, feminists, progressive
thinkers, and bearded liberals, who exist solely to ladle out vast amounts
of taxpayers cash to 'new age' artists - particularly artists from
disadvantaged minority groups.

The Pentax owner can now take his/her rightful place in the queue for a
wheelbarrow full of Fifty pound notes, rejoicing in the knowledge that
he/she is most definitely a minority applicant - why, at a mere 250,000
cameras sold over a three year period, there are more one-legged Hindu
transvestites getting Arts Council cash than Pentax owners!

Grab a Pentax, and come along on the journey to El Dorado!.....

JTS Brown 04-08-2006 02:20 AM

Re: A grant, a grant, my Pentax for a grant.....

"Pentax Fan" <photography@thecuttingedge.com> wrote in message
> According to the Pentax forum on DP Review (from which I've, once again,
> been banned by Uncle Phil) Pentax have sold about 250,000 dslr's since the
> introduction of the *istD
>
> Which compares rather meagrely with Canon's 125,000 units per month.
>
> However, there are advantages in a low volume system - not least from the UK
> Arts Council, an eclectic body of homosexuals, feminists, progressive
> thinkers, and bearded liberals, who exist solely to ladle out vast amounts
> of taxpayers cash to 'new age' artists - particularly artists from
> disadvantaged minority groups.
>
> The Pentax owner can now take his/her rightful place in the queue for a
> wheelbarrow full of Fifty pound notes, rejoicing in the knowledge that
> he/she is most definitely a minority applicant - why, at a mere 250,000
> cameras sold over a three year period, there are more one-legged Hindu
> transvestites getting Arts Council cash than Pentax owners!
>
> Grab a Pentax, and come along on the journey to El Dorado!.....

Gosh, to think "Uncle Phil" banned someone of your obvious intellect and charm
boggles the mind.

Pat 04-08-2006 03:32 AM

Re: A grant, a grant, my Pentax for a grant.....

Oh come on, you have to appreciate his senses of humor and sarcasm.

JTS Brown 04-08-2006 03:39 AM

"Pat" <groups@artisticphotography.us> wrote in message
news:1144467162.042881.148680@i39g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
> Oh come on, you have to appreciate his senses of humor and sarcasm.

No. He's a pompous, supercilious ass.

John Francis 04-08-2006 03:55 AM

Re: A grant, a grant, my Pentax for a grant.....

In article <wfGZf.56141$F_3.17114@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net> ,
JTS Brown <jtsbrown@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>"Pat" <groups@artisticphotography.us> wrote in message
>news:1144467162.042881.148680@i39g2000cwa.googleg roups.com...
>> Oh come on, you have to appreciate his senses of humor and sarcasm.
>>

>No. He's a pompous, supercilious ass.

Far from unique amongst posters here, then...

Rich 04-08-2006 04:41 AM

Re: A grant, a grant, my Pentax for a grant.....

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 01:58:34 +0100, "Pentax Fan"
<photography@thecuttingedge.com> wrote:

>According to the Pentax forum on DP Review (from which I've, once again,
>been banned by Uncle Phil) Pentax have sold about 250,000 dslr's since the
>introduction of the *istD
>
>Which compares rather meagrely with Canon's 125,000 units per month.
>
>However, there are advantages in a low volume system - not least from the UK
>Arts Council, an eclectic body of homosexuals, feminists, progressive
>thinkers, and bearded liberals, who exist solely to ladle out vast amounts
>of taxpayers cash to 'new age' artists - particularly artists from
>disadvantaged minority groups.

This sounds like...CANADA!!!

>The Pentax owner can now take his/her rightful place in the queue for a
>wheelbarrow full of Fifty pound notes, rejoicing in the knowledge that
>he/she is most definitely a minority applicant - why, at a mere 250,000
>cameras sold over a three year period, there are more one-legged Hindu
>transvestites getting Arts Council cash than Pentax owners!
>
>Grab a Pentax, and come along on the journey to El Dorado!.....

I want a grant to use sonoluminescense as a power source for nano
material self-assembly. Can I get a grant of say...$100,000?
-Rich

Paul Heslop 04-08-2006 08:02 AM

and bitter *******s

--
Paul (Everyone I know goes away in the end)
Stop and Look

Pentax Fan 04-08-2006 09:27 AM

"JTS Brown" <jtsbrown@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:Y5FZf.56132$F_3.4809@newssvr29.news.prodigy.n et...

> Gosh, to think "Uncle Phil" banned someone of your obvious intellect and
> charm boggles the mind. <

Sarcasm, my dear Brown, is best applied with surgical precision - a deft
snip here, a skilled stitch there.

To watch you attempting it, is rather similar to witnessing a builder's
labourer performing open heart surgery with a mortar trowel - grotesque, yet
strangely compelling.

Siggy 04-08-2006 09:45 AM

Re: A grant, a grant, my Pentax for a grant.....

In news:44376DBD.6EB9C1A3@blueyonder.co.uk,
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> scribed:

> and bitter *******s

What are you doing in here??! By noooooo stretch of the imagination can you
call your Oly Zoom a D_S_L_R! Get back where you belong THIS INSTANT! :o)

DG thataway ------------------------------->

--
I have no evidence for stating the above, but this is usenet, so I don't
need any.

Paul Heslop 04-08-2006 12:11 PM

Siggy wrote:

> In news:44376DBD.6EB9C1A3@blueyonder.co.uk,
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> scribed:
>

> > and bitter *******s

> What are you doing in here??! By noooooo stretch of the imagination can you
> call your Oly Zoom a D_S_L_R! Get back where you belong THIS INSTANT! :o)

> --
> I have no evidence for stating the above, but this is usenet, so I don't
> need any.

:O) Blame the x-posting poster