Velocity Reviews

-   -   6 Sony Cameras fail manufacturing test..! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t423591-6-sony-cameras-fail-manufacturing-test.html)

Davy 03-24-2006 07:40 PM

6 Sony Cameras fail manufacturing test..!

Cameras fail manufacturing test-

DSC-H1, DSC-L1, DSC-P200, DSC-W7, DSC-W5 and DSC-S9

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0512/05...ny_chinacam.as
http://www.interfax.cn/showfeature.a...=8449&slug=SON

There were 13 from other manufacturers...

Dav

imbsysop 03-24-2006 07:59 PM

Re: 6 Sony Cameras fail manufacturing test..!

"Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:HWXUf.167160$KG5.56880@fe04.news.easynews.com ...
> Cameras fail manufacturing test-:
>
> DSC-H1, DSC-L1, DSC-P200, DSC-W7, DSC-W5 and DSC-S90
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0512/05...y_chinacam.asp
> http://www.interfax.cn/showfeature.a...8449&slug=SONY
>
> There were 13 from other manufacturers...!

Your "news"? has already grown hair on it ..

mrsgator88 03-25-2006 04:48 AM

Re: 6 Sony Cameras fail manufacturing test..!

China is doing a good job protecting its citizens first from the internet
and now... from bad cameras! But I guess that's the only "news" fit to
print - since reporters can't write about what's really going on there.

Alan 03-25-2006 12:41 PM

Re: 6 Sony Cameras fail manufacturing test..!

In message <FY3Vf.63115$dW3.40215@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com> ,
mrsgator88 <nomospam@nomospam.com> wrote

>China is doing a good job protecting its citizens first from the internet
>and now... from bad cameras!

Probably they are just restricting imports by a back-door method.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

imbsysop 03-25-2006 12:57 PM

"Alan" <junk_reply@amac.f2s.com> wrote in message
> In message <FY3Vf.63115$dW3.40215@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com> , mrsgator88
> <nomospam@nomospam.com> wrote
>
>>China is doing a good job protecting its citizens first from the internet
>>and now... from bad cameras!

> Probably they are just restricting imports by a back-door method.

Funny everyone comments on the headline(s) but no one ever seem to have
actually read the articles ..
It happened in 1 "province" and the cams were assembled in China by a
chinese Sony subsidiary (2 companies one under the name "Sony" and one
other) and for the Chinese market only .. so have one single guess who
goofed up ? :-) and what does it have to do with the rest of the world ? The
explanation was they did flash in the firmware for a Sony videocam .. haha
... pull the other one, it has bells on it ..
FWIW

Roy G 03-25-2006 02:31 PM

Re: 6 Sony Cameras fail manufacturing test..!

"Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:HWXUf.167160$KG5.56880@fe04.news.easynews.com ...
> Cameras fail manufacturing test-:
>
> DSC-H1, DSC-L1, DSC-P200, DSC-W7, DSC-W5 and DSC-S90
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0512/05...y_chinacam.asp
> http://www.interfax.cn/showfeature.a...8449&slug=SONY
>
> There were 13 from other manufacturers...!
>
> Davy

Hi.

Can we assume that these Cameras were not assembled in China?

Is China about to launch a Chinese designed and assembled Camera from a
Chinese owned Factory?

There is an old saying in Scotland, that whenever the Japanese or Chinese
( or dare I say it) American Government starts to put restrictions on how
Scotch Whisky is imported, we can be sure they must have discovered how to
produce a Whisky which tastes as good.

Roy G

mrsgator88 03-25-2006 04:58 PM

Re: 6 Sony Cameras fail manufacturing test..!

"Alan" <junk_reply@amac.f2s.com> wrote in message

> Probably they are just restricting imports by a back-door method.

I'm thinking that very few consumer products are imported into China though.
Or do you mean imports from another province?

Bob 03-25-2006 11:24 PM

Re: 6 Sony Cameras fail manufacturing test..!

I have a Sony DSC-P200 and I love it! I didn't get the point of the article.
What were the quality tests? How did they fail?Is my camera going to BLOW
UP?

Bob

bobo 03-26-2006 03:11 AM

Re: 6 Sony Cameras fail manufacturing test..!

"Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message
>news:HWXUf.167160$KG5.56880@fe04.news.easynews.co m...
>> Cameras fail manufacturing test-:
>>
>> DSC-H1, DSC-L1, DSC-P200, DSC-W7, DSC-W5 and DSC-S90
>>
>> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0512/05...y_chinacam.asp
>> http://www.interfax.cn/showfeature.a...8449&slug=SONY
>>
>> There were 13 from other manufacturers...!
>>
>> Davy

Those two links are great examples of worthless reporting.
Don't tell you jack **** about what the deal was.

Mike 03-26-2006 01:58 PM

<bobo> a écrit dans le message de news:
lf1c22h6fk29etkfu20u0slb1n3jo2f6he@4ax.com...
> "Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message
>>news:HWXUf.167160$KG5.56880@fe04.news.easynews.c om...
>>> Cameras fail manufacturing test-:
>>>
>>> DSC-H1, DSC-L1, DSC-P200, DSC-W7, DSC-W5 and DSC-S90
>>>
>>> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0512/05...y_chinacam.asp
>>> http://www.interfax.cn/showfeature.a...8449&slug=SONY
>>>
>>> There were 13 from other manufacturers...!
>>>
>>> Davy
>>>

> Those two links are great examples of worthless reporting.
> Don't tell you jack **** about what the deal was.

Not my opinion.
I am glad to learn this.
And lots of details, which is good reporting.

Seems unions are beginning to work hard in China plants?

mb