Velocity Reviews

-   -   Olympus FE-100 digital camera - loading photos onto the camera (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t423423-olympus-fe-100-digital-camera-loading-photos-onto-the-camera.html)

wklkj@rochester.rr.com 03-18-2006 08:27 PM

Olympus FE-100 digital camera - loading photos onto the camera

Hello. Is it possible to load photo's that were not taken with the
Olympus camera onto the xm card while it is in the camera? I've linked
the camera to my computer w/ USB and the camera folder shows up on my
computer screen. I've dragged and dropped photo's onto the camera
folder from my desktop but they don't come up on the camera to view
after I disconnect from the computer.

I'd like to download photo's onto the camera so I can show the photo's
when the camera is hooked up to a television where no CD or computer is
available for viewing.

Marvin 03-19-2006 12:13 AM

Re: Olympus FE-100 digital camera - loading photos onto the camera

wklkj@rochester.rr.com wrote:
> Hello. Is it possible to load photo's that were not taken with the
> Olympus camera onto the xm card while it is in the camera? I've linked
> the camera to my computer w/ USB and the camera folder shows up on my
> computer screen. I've dragged and dropped photo's onto the camera
> folder from my desktop but they don't come up on the camera to view
> after I disconnect from the computer.
>
> I'd like to download photo's onto the camera so I can show the photo's
> when the camera is hooked up to a television where no CD or computer is
> available for viewing.

The camera is fussy about the format of the photo, and even
about the file name.

tomm42 03-19-2006 03:00 AM

Re: Olympus FE-100 digital camera - loading photos onto the camera

Cameras generally don't like being treated as drives. Using a card
reader is better way to write to a memory card. I use memory cards at
work to transfer images from firewalled computers with digital cameras
installed. If you put the file in thew root folder the camera just
thinks it is a smaller memory card. I mostly I try to keep the files
away from the camera and format the card if it goes into the camera.

Tom