Velocity Reviews

-   -   Limit D70 ISO? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t420779-limit-d70-iso.html)

Iraxl Enb 12-14-2005 08:33 PM

Limit D70 ISO?

I feel the noise in the photos I take at ISO1600 on the
D70 is excessive. Is there a way to set the
AutoISO=yes, but not get the camera pick an ISO above
1200 (or some other value)?

--
-- irax
http://rumimmi.blogspot.com

Gormless 12-14-2005 08:49 PM

Re: Limit D70 ISO?

"Iraxl Enb" <rec.photo.digital@just.post.here> wrote in message
> I feel the noise in the photos I take at ISO1600 on the
> D70 is excessive. Is there a way to set the
> AutoISO=yes, but not get the camera pick an ISO above
> 1200 (or some other value)?

Did the camera come with a manual?

Iraxl Enb 12-14-2005 08:58 PM

Re: Limit D70 ISO?

it did, and nothing in that, so i guess that cant be
changed...

--
-- irax

babalooixnay@hotmail.com 12-15-2005 12:37 AM

Re: Limit D70 ISO?

With the D50 you can lock ISO to 200, 400, 800 or 1600 but you must be
out of Auto mode. It's also in two completely different menus. First
is ISO Auto off/on, then in a different menu ISO =. Might be something
similar with the D70.

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) 12-15-2005 09:21 AM

Re: Limit D70 ISO?

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:33:55 -0600, in rec.photo.digital Iraxl Enb
<rec.photo.digital@just.post.here> wrote:

>I feel the noise in the photos I take at ISO1600 on the
>D70 is excessive. Is there a way to set the
>AutoISO=yes, but not get the camera pick an ISO above
>1200 (or some other value)?

Not to my knowledge. But give the demo version of Neat Image a try for
filtering the noise. Be sure to dl the profiles for the D70 as well.
--
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 (Usenet2@EdwardG.Ruf.com)
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at