Velocity Reviews

-   -   Nikon DSLR: Does 3d matrix metering work with these lenses...? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t419447-nikon-dslr-does-3d-matrix-metering-work-with-these-lenses.html)

kasterborus@yahoo.com 10-25-2005 05:06 PM

Nikon DSLR: Does 3d matrix metering work with these lenses...?

Hi,

I own a D2X and D70 camera and I've been reading conflicting reports on
whether or not the 3d Matrix Metering mode will work with DX, D or G
(or all of the above) type lenses.

I'm assuming that I'm safe with a DX lens, but I also own the following
lenses:

70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor
24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor
50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor

Does the 3D Matrix Metering feature work with all of these lenses, some
or none?

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable (or has the manuals with them) can
answer this.

Thanks,
Steve

Jim 10-25-2005 05:18 PM

Re: Nikon DSLR: Does 3d matrix metering work with these lenses...?

<kasterborus@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1130259965.464382.41500@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I own a D2X and D70 camera and I've been reading conflicting reports on
> whether or not the 3d Matrix Metering mode will work with DX, D or G
> (or all of the above) type lenses.

The answer for this question and for the D70 can be found by looking at the
table on page 183 of the manual. DX lenses are either D or G lenses for the
purposes of this table.
It would be very surprising if the D2X were not as capable as the D70.
But, you could throw caution to the winds and read the manual
Jim

GTO 10-26-2005 02:35 AM

Re: Nikon DSLR: Does 3d matrix metering work with these lenses...?

> It would be very surprising if the D2X were not as capable as the D70.

Regarding flash sync, the D2X isn't as capable as the D70 ;-)

But in his case, I think the D2X will just be as good as a D70.

Gregor

[BnH] 10-26-2005 12:01 PM

Re: Nikon DSLR: Does 3d matrix metering work with these lenses...?

<kasterborus@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1130259965.464382.41500@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I own a D2X and D70 camera and I've been reading conflicting reports on
> whether or not the 3d Matrix Metering mode will work with DX, D or G
> (or all of the above) type lenses.

<-- where did you read that ?
no problems in this camp.