Velocity Reviews

-   -   Mamiya Sekor 60mm f/2.8 1:1 macro (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t419143-mamiya-sekor-60mm-f-2-8-1-1-macro.html)

Siddhartha Jain 10-13-2005 04:46 PM

Mamiya Sekor 60mm f/2.8 1:1 macro

Couldn't resist the urge and bought this lens to mate with my Canon
300D for some macro work. Does anyone else own this lens? Its a M42
(Pentax screw) mount lens.

- Siddhartha

Mike 10-14-2005 01:40 PM

Re: Mamiya Sekor 60mm f/2.8 1:1 macro

"Siddhartha Jain" <reach.siddhartha@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: 1129221987.531086.286550@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups. com...
> Couldn't resist the urge and bought this lens to mate with my Canon
> 300D for some macro work. Does anyone else own this lens? Its a M42
> (Pentax screw) mount lens.
>
> - Siddhartha

How do you mount this on a 300 D ?
I have a lot of old screw mount Pentax lenses.... and a D Rebel.
Would only close up or macro work be possible (i.e. no infinite focus?)

- Mike

Siddhartha Jain 10-14-2005 01:53 PM

Mike wrote:
> "Siddhartha Jain" <reach.siddhartha@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
> news: 1129221987.531086.286550@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups. com...
> > Couldn't resist the urge and bought this lens to mate with my Canon
> > 300D for some macro work. Does anyone else own this lens? Its a M42
> > (Pentax screw) mount lens.
> >
> > - Siddhartha
> >

> How do you mount this on a 300 D ?
> I have a lot of old screw mount Pentax lenses.... and a D Rebel.
> Would only close up or macro work be possible (i.e. no infinite focus?)
>
> - Mike

You can get a M42-to-EOS adaptor for about $12 on ebay. This is a
no-glass adaptor and does not allow focus at infinity. Other than
these, you can find more expensive adaptors for M42 lenses that have a
glass element and allow focussing at infinity. I use a Pentax Super
Takumar 50mm f/1.4 lens on my 300D with the former type of adaptor.

- Siddhartha

Mike 10-14-2005 04:26 PM

news: 1129298028.067632.4620@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.co m...
Mike wrote:
> "Siddhartha Jain" <reach.siddhartha@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
> news: 1129221987.531086.286550@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups. com...
> > Couldn't resist the urge and bought this lens to mate with my Canon
> > 300D for some macro work. Does anyone else own this lens? Its a M42
> > (Pentax screw) mount lens.
> >
> > - Siddhartha
> >

> How do you mount this on a 300 D ?
> I have a lot of old screw mount Pentax lenses.... and a D Rebel.
> Would only close up or macro work be possible (i.e. no infinite focus?)
>
> - Mike

You can get a M42-to-EOS adaptor for about $12 on ebay. This is a
no-glass adaptor and does not allow focus at infinity. Other than
these, you can find more expensive adaptors for M42 lenses that have a
glass element and allow focussing at infinity. I use a Pentax Super
Takumar 50mm f/1.4 lens on my 300D with the former type of adaptor.

- Siddhartha
______________________

Thanks, very much informative!
- Mike

Peter Marquis-Kyle 10-14-2005 10:37 PM

Siddhartha Jain wrote:
> You can get a M42-to-EOS adaptor for about $12 on ebay. This is a
> no-glass adaptor and does not allow focus at infinity. Other than
> these, you can find more expensive adaptors for M42 lenses that have a
> glass element and allow focussing at infinity.

A correction: A properly made no-glass adapter _will_ allow a M42 screw
mount lens to focus to infinity on an EOS body.

Peter Marquis-Kyle