Velocity Reviews

-   -   Fuji 9500 raw (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t419113-fuji-9500-raw.html)

Bob Hewitt 10-12-2005 10:46 AM

Fuji 9500 raw

Hi, All,

Sorry if I'm going over old ground, but I have a problem with my S9500.

I use photoshop cs for all my general fiddling around work, which was fine
while I was using my old S7000, but with the new S9500, no raw conversion,
and according to Adobe, not for a while yet!

I've tried all sorts of Mickey Mouse stuff that was supposed to do the job,
but nothing does. The only thing that came close was the supplied raw
converter LE on the fuji CD. This appears to automatically create a .TIFF
file of 1200 x 1600 from my original raw file. Not a lot of use if the end
result is required to be 70mb! (The original .raf file is 18.2mb, the
resultant .TIFF file is only 5.5mb, far too much lost in the conversion)

Does anybody know of any software that works...

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Bob Hewitt

autodelete 10-12-2005 05:18 PM

Re: Fuji 9500 raw

"Bob Hewitt" <bob@juttle.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi, All,
>
> Sorry if I'm going over old ground, but I have a problem with my S9500.
>
> I use photoshop cs for all my general fiddling around work, which was fine
> while I was using my old S7000, but with the new S9500, no raw conversion,
> and according to Adobe, not for a while yet!
>
> I've tried all sorts of Mickey Mouse stuff that was supposed to do the
> job, but nothing does. The only thing that came close was the supplied raw
> converter LE on the fuji CD. This appears to automatically create a .TIFF
> file of 1200 x 1600 from my original raw file. Not a lot of use if the end
> result is required to be 70mb! (The original .raf file is 18.2mb, the
> resultant .TIFF file is only 5.5mb, far too much lost in the conversion)
>
> Does anybody know of any software that works...
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance
>
> Bob Hewitt

I'm seriously ****ed off with this aspect of my new S9500. The very basic
Raw Converter LE I had been using with the S5500 wouldn't even recognise
what Fuji now call CCD_RAW files, (still .RAF) from the S9500.

Now I have to use Finepix viewer to convert via RAW Converter LE. There are
no options. It's all automatic, and I end up with a TIFF file 4864 x 3648,
50.8Mb size.

If I had known I was going to lose the ability to make adjustments before
converting, I wouldn't have bought the S9500. I didn't see Fuji's error of
judgement mentioned in any reviews.

--
T Ritchie (Sr)
Save a rainforest: Eat Brazil nuts