Velocity Reviews

-   -   One Click (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t417674-one-click.html)

sponge bob 08-14-2005 11:11 PM

One Click

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a camera around 150 that you don't have to press
the shutter button down half way and wait for a light to tell you it's
focused. Just want a one click simple digital camera.
Thanks

Jer 08-14-2005 11:24 PM

Re: One Click

sponge bob wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone recommend a camera around 150 that you don't have to press
> the shutter button down half way and wait for a light to tell you it's
> focused. Just want a one click simple digital camera.
> Thanks

I recall Brownie made a few models. ;)

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

ASAAR 08-15-2005 12:05 AM

Re: One Click

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:11:40 GMT, sponge bob wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a camera around 150 that you don't have to press
> the shutter button down half way and wait for a light to tell you it's
> focused. Just want a one click simple digital camera.

Not all cameras have focusing delays because they don't focus at
all. Search the web using Google or your favorite search engine for
something like "fixed focus" +camera. Any that you find will
probably be 150 or under. Some cameras that do utilize
half-depressed shutter buttons for exposure eval./prefocusing also
are designed to eliminate some of the delay if you depress the
shutter button in one quick movement.

From an issue of Digital Camera Buyer from about last December, it
lists the Fuji Finepix A120 at 89. It's a 3mp camera described as
"Good, sturdy compact that is capable of reasonable images, so it's
a shame the zoom is fixed focus." In this case, the pre-focused
lens is what you're looking for in a camera.

Paul Heslop 08-15-2005 12:51 AM

Re: One Click

sponge bob wrote:

> Hi,
> Can anyone recommend a camera around 150 that you don't have to press
> the shutter button down half way and wait for a light to tell you it's
> focused. Just want a one click simple digital camera.
> Thanks

I'm not sure there are any fixed focus cams around for that kind of
money, they're usually cheap ones like this

http://www.internetdirect.co.uk/photo/slimcam4000.htm

The reason for the wait etc is so the system can focus for you.

Of course you may fancy manual focus so you can do it yourself...

http://www.internetdirect.co.uk/photo/powershota510.htm

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

imp 08-15-2005 06:20 PM

Re: One Click

sponge bob wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone recommend a camera around 150 that you don't have to press
> the shutter button down half way and wait for a light to tell you it's
> focused. Just want a one click simple digital camera.
> Thanks

Sony DSC-S40 or DSC-S60 are both around that price. Like other Sony
cameras, they have a monitoring autofocus mode, which continously
adjusts its focus as you point the camera. When you click the shutter
button, it simply fires.