Velocity Reviews

-   -   Logger solution Required (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t417564-logger-solution-required.html)

Proton Projects - Moin 03-02-2007 11:05 AM

Logger solution Required

Hi all,

I would like to build a logging solution...so that i can see the logs
in a GUI format...Trying to provide to functionality like sorting
using the severity, timestamps and filtering with severity.

I have gone through the java.util.logging package and got the idea of
achieving the above cases...

My Questions are...

1. How can i achieve the logs into the GUI
2. How can i provide the functionality that i mentioned in the first
pharagraph
3. If i am logging...where it will store the logs..so that i can use
it to display in the GUI

Kindly reply

Thanks
Moin

Mark Jeffcoat 03-02-2007 06:33 PM

Re: Logger solution Required

"Proton Projects - Moin" <mohd.mohideen@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to build a logging solution...so that i can see the logs
> in a GUI format...Trying to provide to functionality like sorting
> using the severity, timestamps and filtering with severity.

Such a good idea, somebody's already done it.

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/chainsaw.html

--
Mark Jeffcoat
Austin, TX