Velocity Reviews

-   -   Nikon Picture Project? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t416480-nikon-picture-project.html)

mr phontonic 06-27-2005 03:33 AM

Nikon Picture Project?

I'm using Nikon Picture Project to import images on to my computer. I'm
shooting RAW with a Nikon D70. I can't figure out where the files are going.
I want to back the Raw files up onto my server, but no where in the software
does it tell you where the files live.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

[BnH] 06-27-2005 08:54 AM

Re: Nikon Picture Project?

Files -> PP Transfer -> Options -> Transfer Destination

=bob=

news:_rKve.264$U61.120@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com. ..

Jim 06-27-2005 05:58 PM

Re: Nikon Picture Project?

"mr phontonic" <mr_phontonic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:_rKve.264$U61.120@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com. ..
> I'm using Nikon Picture Project to import images on to my computer. I'm
> shooting RAW with a Nikon D70. I can't figure out where the files are

going.
> I want to back the Raw files up onto my server, but no where in the

software
> does it tell you where the files live.
>
> Anyone have experience with this?

Yes, but I found them all by myself. On my system, every download creates a
subdirectory of the My Pictures folder.
Each such folder has the name "folder"xxx where xxx is a sequence number.
Jim

parisphotog@gmail.com 06-28-2005 04:01 PM

Re: Nikon Picture Project?

IMHO Nikon *really* screwed up any sense of native Win navigation. I
do use PP, then close it and simply use Photoshop CS or Nikon Capture
to open images with. Why Nikon could screw up such a simple system of
navigation is completly beyond me.

In other news, Nikon just released a PProject update on 6/27 .

Don

Camera manuals, Software books and more:
http://www.1world-design.com/book/index.html