Velocity Reviews

-   -   Need serial number for software download (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t416079-need-serial-number-for-software-download.html)

wils421@gmail.com 06-12-2005 01:22 AM

Need serial number for software download

I just got through re-installing Windows XP back onto my pc. I am
trying to put my Olympus D-520 software back on it but it keeps asking
for the serial # that is on the inside of the disk holder it came in.
I have the box, receipts, etc, but no disk holder. I wrote Olympus and
am waiting for an answer but I was wondering if any of you have had
this problem and how you solved it.
Thanks, cj

Tony Hwang 06-12-2005 01:43 AM

Re: Need serial number for software download

wils421@gmail.com wrote:

> I just got through re-installing Windows XP back onto my pc. I am
> trying to put my Olympus D-520 software back on it but it keeps asking
> for the serial # that is on the inside of the disk holder it came in.
> I have the box, receipts, etc, but no disk holder. I wrote Olympus and
> am waiting for an answer but I was wondering if any of you have had
> this problem and how you solved it.
> Thanks, cj

Hi,
What did you do at the very first time when you install the software?
The CD sleeve has a sticker on it with s/n. You threw them out?
Tony

wils421@gmail.com 06-12-2005 06:20 AM

Re: Need serial number for software download

I guess I did throw it out. It's been over 3 years now. I kept
everything but that. Believe me, I learned alot about what to keep and
all with this pc crash.
cj

RK 06-12-2005 11:56 AM

Re: Need serial number for software download

Happens to the best of us. I would suggest you call Oly tech support.
I've found them very helpful with things like this. They may just send
you another disc right away. On the other hand, why do you need the
program? I'm a long time Oly user and have never found any of their
programs as good as what you can get elsewhere, often for free.

wils421@gmail.com 06-12-2005 02:48 PM

Re: Need serial number for software download

I found it!! The serial number, that is. Thanks for all your help.
cj