Velocity Reviews

-   -   Great Blue Heron -- I believe (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t415897-great-blue-heron-i-believe.html)

Robert R Kircher, Jr. 06-06-2005 03:22 AM

Great Blue Heron -- I believe

Don't get many opportunities like this in the big city, but I was walking
along the Potomac near Georgetown and I spotted what I believe is a Blue
Heron.

Sorry for the grain but it was dusk so I had to pump up the ISO to 800.

http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384048
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384049
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384050
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384051

Rob

Owamanga 06-06-2005 11:14 AM

Re: Great Blue Heron -- I believe

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 23:22:08 -0400, "Robert R Kircher, Jr."
<rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Don't get many opportunities like this in the big city, but I was walking
>along the Potomac near Georgetown and I spotted what I believe is a Blue
>Heron.
>
>Sorry for the grain but it was dusk so I had to pump up the ISO to 800.
>
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384048
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384049
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384050
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384051

It is indeed the Great Blue. Not uncommon here in S.Florida.

Nice birds to shoot because they remain fairly still for the majority
of the time.

Check here to see what they look like newborn:
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga/image/40645296

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

Morton Klotz 06-08-2005 04:32 PM

Re: Great Blue Heron -- I believe

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 23:22:08 -0400, "Robert R Kircher, Jr."
<rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Don't get many opportunities like this in the big city, but I was walking
>along the Potomac near Georgetown and I spotted what I believe is a Blue
>Heron.
>
>Sorry for the grain but it was dusk so I had to pump up the ISO to 800.
>
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384048
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384049
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384050
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384051