Velocity Reviews

-   -   OT: Graphic poetry begins (pre-hotspot, pre-poetry) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t415711-ot-graphic-poetry-begins-pre-hotspot-pre-poetry.html)

Will Dockery 06-01-2005 12:15 AM

Tom Bishop wrote:

> >> If I were mikey and didn't like somebody, I wouldn't ask,
> >> I would simply rip it off. Should I be /better/?
> >>
> >> The fact is that anything that has been posted to Usenet seems fairly
> >> free to repost to Usenet. (fair-use, non-commercial, common on Usenet,
> >> blah)
> >>
> >> They tell me mikey's theft of my picture is somehow justifiable.
> >>
> >> ****en...
> >>
> >> What do you think, Josh? Should I just do it without asking?
> >>
> >> Joy's poetry would be posted only to plumper groups
> >> of course, with a picture of her fat face included, perhaps. :-)
> >>
> >> Personal note from the poet:
> >> "For a good rhyme, call: 877-MARY-JOYCE"

> > <http://evolvingbeauty.com/myth/BareIts/images/joy98.jpg>
> >
> > It would be a surefire hit on several "fetish" groups, with no
> > manipulation needed.

> And those shoulders are meaty enough to hold up
> the Capital dome, but it is Cruel to make fun of
> fat, ugly women. Even Dale says so.

Cruel? As Joy wrote yesterday when the shoes were on your gimpy feet: "Karma
is such a bitch".

> But if making fun of the handicapped works, then fat, ugly
> women need to /suck it up/.

Like I just wrote. Joy was among those laughing loudest at Cook's
parodies... so she should laugh now at the jokes about nub-toothed, fat and
ugly women... y'think?

> I haven't heard from Mary Joyce, so I assume I have her permission.
>
> Opt-out, and all that. Very modern.

Judging from the photo, Joy's probably too busy stuffing her fat ugly face
to respond:

<http://evolvingbeauty.com/myth/BareIts/images/joy98.jpg>

This picture being 6 years old, those nubby little teeth may be long gone...
Joy may have to gum her junk food, these days.

--
Autograph Of Zorro" {from *Shadowville Live*}:
<http://www.kannibaal.nl/zorro.mp3>

The Netherlands/Shadowville cross cultural exchange
project <http://www.kannibaal.nl/shadowville.htm>

Tom Bishop 06-01-2005 02:50 AM

Re: Graphic poetry begins (pre-hotspot, pre-poetry)

"Will Dockery" <will_dockery@knology.net> wrote in message

> Tom Bishop wrote:
>> "Will Dockery" wrote

>> > <http://evolvingbeauty.com/myth/BareIts/images/joy98.jpg>
>> >
>> > It would be a surefire hit on several "fetish" groups, with no
>> > manipulation needed.

>> And those shoulders are meaty enough to hold up
>> the Capital dome, but it is Cruel to make fun of
>> fat, ugly women. Even Dale says so.

> Cruel? As Joy wrote yesterday when the shoes were on your gimpy feet:
> "Karma
> is such a bitch".
>
>> But if making fun of the handicapped works, then fat, ugly
>> women need to /suck it up/.

> Like I just wrote. Joy was among those laughing loudest at Cook's
> parodies... so she should laugh now at the jokes about nub-toothed, fat
> and
> ugly women... y'think?

mikey isn't doing parodies, it is an amateurish defamation and
rip-off of a private photo, that's all.

My recent:

A Troll In Rhyming Time

Something inspires the only troll that's new
To make no more of a poet than a merci screw,
And think no more of poet-builders than fools.
His face is flecked with newbie and he drools
A tyro syrup. Having parried lies,
He scorns a poet that's withering, (his surmise).
He ticks from sock to sock as if sock-smitten.
His offal's spiked with snake blood and worm-bitten.
He leaves them bitten when he has to flop
His ego on the Usenet, and nonstop.
His prostate shrivels and the troll goes dry.

....is a parody of Frost's "Cow in Apple Time"
There is an underlying "work" (or artist) whose style is mimiced
for comedic effect. -- parody

What mikey does might be called
satire:
- A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked
through irony, derision, or wit.
- Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly,
vice, or stupidity.

That's what he says he is doing.

But "sexual defamation" is a better word, since it is nothing but a personal
vendetta
from a talentless ghetto-idiot against people that kicked sand in his face
in a Usenet poetry group.

>> I haven't heard from Mary Joyce, so I assume I have her permission.
>>
>> Opt-out, and all that. Very modern.

> Judging from the photo, Joy's probably too busy stuffing her fat ugly face
> to respond:
>
> <http://evolvingbeauty.com/myth/BareIts/images/joy98.jpg>
>
> This picture being 6 years old, those nubby little teeth may be long
> gone...
> Joy may have to gum her junk food, these days.

If Mary Joyce is going to be /that/ way I have to assume she is giving
full
permission to repost her poetry and picture on plumper, binary groups.

With her web address: http://ExplodingBooty.com

I understand fatties, and psychic about these things. :)

Tom Bishop