Velocity Reviews

-   -   wireless client cannot communicate each other? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t41563-wireless-client-cannot-communicate-each-other.html)

Joe 11-04-2005 04:02 AM

wireless client cannot communicate each other?

My client cannot communicate(e.g. ping) each other connected to the
cisco AP...

What's the command to allow it?

thanks.

Aaron Leonard 11-04-2005 04:27 PM

Re: wireless client cannot communicate each other?

~
~ What's the command to allow it?
~
~ thanks.

It's allowed by default.

Uli Link 11-04-2005 05:43 PM

Joe schrieb:

> My client cannot communicate(e.g. ping) each other connected to the
> cisco AP...

Usually used a simple security measure in public WLAN environments or
when WLAN stations should be restricted to communicate with Ethernet
connected hosts only.

on CLI:
conf t
int Dot11 0
no bridge-group 1 port-protected
exit
exit

Through Browser:
on the Interfaces -> Dot11Radio0 -> Settings
Disable "Public Secure Packet Forwarding"

This setting disables bridging on the same interface, so station A
cannot communicate with station B. If A and B are associated to
different radios (different APs) they will communicate, because both APs
will bridge from Radio0 to Ethernet or vice versa.

--
Uli