Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help! Question About Digital Camera With CF Card (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t415290-help-question-about-digital-camera-with-cf-card.html)

Marros via PhotoKB.com 05-17-2005 08:42 AM

Help! Question About Digital Camera With CF Card

Hey everyone, I am having trouble with my digital camera. I have a Canon
Powershot A 95, and the problem is that no matter what I try, the camera
says there is no memory card in it, even though there is. It does not
detect it, and the sad part is that it used to work just fine. I am
desperate, and I don't want to think that my camera is faulty, because the
other features work fine. I just can't format the CF card because it does
not detect one, not even the CF card that used to work. Thank you for your
help.

Rick 05-17-2005 09:19 AM

Re: Help! Question About Digital Camera With CF Card

"Marros via PhotoKB.com" <forum@nospam.PhotoKB.com> wrote in message news:85e120726c2948bfb8df1f882d9abeac@PhotoKB.com. ..
> Hey everyone, I am having trouble with my digital camera. I have a Canon
> Powershot A 95, and the problem is that no matter what I try, the camera
> says there is no memory card in it, even though there is. It does not
> detect it, and the sad part is that it used to work just fine. I am
> desperate, and I don't want to think that my camera is faulty, because the
> other features work fine. I just can't format the CF card because it does
> not detect one, not even the CF card that used to work. Thank you for your
> help.

Get a flashlight and look down into the CF slot in the
camera. Check carefully for any bent or broken pins.

GT 05-17-2005 09:58 AM

Re: Help! Question About Digital Camera With CF Card

Does the CF card work in your card reader or anywhere else? A friends camera
perhaps?

I just bought a canon 350d recently and got a 256Mb Kingston CF card which
failed after a week. I bought another which arrived broken. Both were
refunded. I bought a 2GB Kingston Elite card and it appears to be OK, so it
could just be the card - your camera might be OK.

I have worked with computers (building and repairing) for about 10 years now
and I have rarely seen memory problems, but I have either been unlucky or CF
cards are pretty fragile!

"Marros via PhotoKB.com" <forum@nospam.PhotoKB.com> wrote in message
news:85e120726c2948bfb8df1f882d9abeac@PhotoKB.com. ..
> Hey everyone, I am having trouble with my digital camera. I have a Canon
> Powershot A 95, and the problem is that no matter what I try, the camera
> says there is no memory card in it, even though there is. It does not
> detect it, and the sad part is that it used to work just fine. I am
> desperate, and I don't want to think that my camera is faulty, because the
> other features work fine. I just can't format the CF card because it does
> not detect one, not even the CF card that used to work. Thank you for your
> help.

x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Gav 05-17-2005 10:32 AM

Re: Help! Question About Digital Camera With CF Card

"Marros via PhotoKB.com" <forum@nospam.PhotoKB.com> wrote in message
news:85e120726c2948bfb8df1f882d9abeac@PhotoKB.com. ..
> Hey everyone, I am having trouble with my digital camera. I have a Canon
> Powershot A 95, and the problem is that no matter what I try, the camera
> says there is no memory card in it, even though there is. It does not
> detect it, and the sad part is that it used to work just fine. I am
> desperate, and I don't want to think that my camera is faulty, because the
> other features work fine. I just can't format the CF card because it does
> not detect one, not even the CF card that used to work. Thank you for your
> help.

Are you saying you have 2 cards and neither of them work? If you only have 1
card can you try it in another camera or card reader? From my experience
whenever I've had a problem like that its turned out to be the CF card
itself.

Gav

Paul Rubin 05-17-2005 11:05 AM

"Marros via PhotoKB.com" <forum@nospam.PhotoKB.com> writes:
> other features work fine. I just can't format the CF card because it does
> not detect one, not even the CF card that used to work. Thank you for your
> help.

Try removing the card and formatting it in a computer. If that
doesn't work, your camera may need service.