Velocity Reviews

-   -   Synchronization (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t415127-synchronization.html)

dah_dah 05-11-2005 10:46 PM

Synchronization

Is there any material available on how to synchronize the shutters of two
disimilar cameras?
I would like to take my two cameras and try to construct a digital stereo
camera, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to sync the shutters.

Ron Hunter 05-12-2005 02:07 AM

Re: Synchronization

dah_dah wrote:
> Is there any material available on how to synchronize the shutters of two
> disimilar cameras?
> I would like to take my two cameras and try to construct a digital stereo
> camera, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to sync the shutters.

I wouldn't think that exact synchronization would be required. Spacing
and aiming are more important to stereo pictures.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

MitchAlsup@aol.com 05-12-2005 04:24 PM

Re: Synchronization

You can get a wireless remote shutter control and use one controller to
fire both cameras.

You can also buy two wired remotes and wire them into a single control
button that fires both cameras.

kashe@sonic.net 05-13-2005 12:27 AM

Re: Synchronization

On Wed, 11 May 2005 22:46:41 GMT, "dah_dah" <dah_dah@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>Is there any material available on how to synchronize the shutters of two
>disimilar cameras?
>I would like to take my two cameras and try to construct a digital stereo
>camera, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to sync the shutters.

Unless the subjects ae in motion, or you

Matt Silberstein 05-13-2005 02:48 AM

Re: Synchronization

On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:07:33 -0500, in rec.photo.digital , Ron Hunter
<rphunter@charter.net> in <GTyge.6075$sV7.4775@fe02.lga> wrote:

>dah_dah wrote:
>> Is there any material available on how to synchronize the shutters of two
>> disimilar cameras?
>> I would like to take my two cameras and try to construct a digital stereo
>> camera, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to sync the shutters.
>>

>I wouldn't think that exact synchronization would be required. Spacing
>and aiming are more important to stereo pictures.

I never thought of this, but does having two "dissimilar" cameras
help, hurt, or have no affect on the stereo effect? I can't determine
it logically and I don't feel like the work to experiment. Our eyes
are slightly different, so the different cameras could help. I
suspect that it makes no difference since the different position would
overwhelm the subtler differences. (Wow, three uses of "different" in
one sentence. Ok, "ugh" would be more appropriate than "wow".)

--
Matt Silberstein