Velocity Reviews

-   -   nikon coolpix 8800 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t415038-nikon-coolpix-8800-a.html)

Ida Drewrey 05-09-2005 01:14 PM

nikon coolpix 8800

Help, I am considering buying the Nikon coolpix 8800 and have a couple of
questions if someone can help, first about how much does the camera weigh
and is it easy to have around the neck a few hours at a time? any other
pointers anyone can talk about would be a great help, I also have the
Olympus camdia c-750 ultra zoom, I have also considered the Olympus c-8080,
I would appreciate some comparison between the coolpix 8800 and the Olympus
c-8080. thank you Ida

Roger 05-09-2005 03:07 PM

Re: nikon coolpix 8800

"Ida Drewrey" <Ida@all2easy.net> wrote in message
> Help, I am considering buying the Nikon coolpix 8800 and have a couple of
> questions if someone can help, first about how much does the camera weigh
> and is it easy to have around the neck a few hours at a time? any other
> pointers anyone can talk about would be a great help, I also have the
> Olympus camdia c-750 ultra zoom, I have also considered the Olympus
> c-8080, I would appreciate some comparison between the coolpix 8800 and
> the Olympus c-8080. thank you Ida

I have an 8700 which I believe is substantially the same body as the 8800
(but it has image stabilization). I chose it because it was the lightest of
the (then) new 8 MP Bridge Cameras. I tried the Olympus/ Canon/ Konica A2
against it and it was by far the most comfortable to have round your neck
for long periods.

I would recommend it.

Roger, Aberystwyth