Velocity Reviews

-   -   PIX 7.0 policy based routing? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t41429-pix-7-0-policy-based-routing.html)

Cen 10-24-2005 12:57 PM

PIX 7.0 policy based routing?

Does the PIX 7.0 support policy-based routing via route-maps ?

Christoph Gartmann 10-24-2005 05:02 PM

Re: PIX 7.0 policy based routing?

In article <djilnn$1ubo$1@otis.netspace.net.au>, "Cen" <remove_anti_spam@yahoo.com> writes:
>Does the PIX 7.0 support policy-based routing via route-maps ?

You need to configure OSPF in order to use policy routing. But I never tried it
under 7.0.

There is one thing that I found quite useful in V7.0: you may specific a
default route and an additional default route for traffic arriving via
VPN-tunnels. This may help in avoiding policy routing.

Regards,
Christoph Gartmann

Immunbiologie
D-79011 Freiburg, Germany